My trip thru Mont Blanc tunnel ..

M

mcc1968

Hey everyone,

Just got back from a trip to France :smile5:

Apart from nearly losing a front wheel when three nuts came lose (damn crappy tunner bolts:incazzato::incazzato:)
my cougar never missed a beat and I did 1847miles in 6 days !!!!

Took the Cat tunnel blasting thru the Mont Blanc tunnel (y)(y) was awesome except for the speed limits
also went to Lake Geneva so the cat did 3 countries in ONE day (France, Italy, Switzerland !!!)

Anyway here are a few pics ..

A couple of nice shots of the Cat with Mont Blanc as a backdrop ...
P26-07-09_101301.jpg

P26-07-09_1013.jpg

The entrance to the Mont Blanc tunnel
P26-07-09_1104.jpg

Tunnel Blasting :D:D:D
P26-07-09_1116.jpg

P26-07-09_1117.jpg

Mont Bianco (..or Mont Blanc from Italian side)
P26-07-09_1301.jpg

The giant fountain at Lake Geneva
P26-07-09_164902.jpg

Our holiday des res :smile5: at Gigny-sur-Saone, France
160808Kiah155.jpg

Video of me tunnel blasting thru Mont Blanc ...
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i146.photobucket.com/player....et.com/albums/r278/mcc1968/20090726091150.flv">

Last edited:
Brilliant pic's there mate - very scenic indeed. Would love for the club to do a "road trip" over there - that would be fun. Your Coug's looking good too - you certainly put a lot of mileage on her in a short space of time - lucky that you didn't sheer the bolts on your hub though.

- lucky that you didn't sheer the bolts on your hub though.

I did .... one bolt had snapped off but the AA had a mechanic to me by 8.30 am and he had it fixed in 2 hours, only cost me 50 euros

Yeh, I'd love to go too. What's the price of fuel like over there? How many times did you have to fill up mcc1968 ?

nice pics mate been there done wore the tshirt lol,and heres the funny thing thats where my daughter was conceived on mount blanc lol

Yeh, I'd love to go too. What's the price of fuel like over there? How many times did you have to fill up mcc1968 ?

Fuel was about 1.40 euros :yikes::yikes:

needed about 6 tanks for the whole round trip :yikes::yikes:

nearly £450 on the old gogo juice, but was worth it :yesnod::yesnod:

Well all I can say to that is:

1. Ouch!
2. Ouch! Ouch!
3. That really hurts my wallet! lol :frown2:

You obviously get paid far too much!! lol :LOL:

Glad you had a good holiday though. Surprised at the cost of fuel - thought it was meant to be cheaper over in Europe?? Blimey!

Hi Mate nice road trip. Current price of fuel here in the SW France is 1.14€ to 1.16€ depending on supermarket. Thats also because we are in the hoilday season but will go back to 1.18€ and a little more when the hoilday season ends. If you are using mainly motorways that is more expensive.

Yeh I used mostly motorways !!

would have got seriously lost otherwise :LOL::LOL:

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Oh dear! Just when I was getting all enthusiastic...................... :sad::sad:

its the same as here if you use the stations on the autoroute you will pay more if you go through villages you will get it cheaper

I think it was about 6 tanks of fuel !!

so may have got my sums wrong :confused::confused:

I dont like to hang around tho, did 85/90mph most of the time, with a full car and the air/con blowing ice cold air in my face (y)

so was only getting about 23/24mpg

Last edited:
Brilliant pic's there mate - very scenic indeed. Would love for the club to do a "road trip" over there - that would be fun. Your Coug's looking good too - you certainly put a lot of mileage on her in a short space of time - lucky that you didn't sheer the bolts on your hub though.
I've been thinking of organizing a road trip of sorts, want to do the Milau Bridge and the Stelveo pass (ala the Italian Job) just need to know who is interested, mind you I need a co-pilot too, its too much of a pain to do the Toll booths on your own in a RHD car :mad2:

£450 don't sound too bad for the distance traveled, I remember spending about £100 to £200 on the trip to Le-mans in 2007 and that was a 1000miles round trip. Remember its a 57L tank in the Cougar so thats around £60+ to fill up in the UK, and your looking at around 300miles from a tank maybe more, depending on your right foot :LOL:

I've been thinking of organizing a road trip of sorts, want to do the Milau Bridge and the Stelveo pass (ala the Italian Job) just need to know who is interested, mind you I need a co-pilot too, its too much of a pain to do the Toll booths on your own in a RHD car :mad2:

I'd be interested in doing something like this depending upon money and also finding a co-pilot, would aslo need plenty of advance notice (at least 2 months - due to booking time off work). But sounds cool though :smilewinkgrin:

I don't worry mate I'd give you more than 2 months notice, It would take me about 6 months to plan it :LOL: but trust me you don't want to do Europe in a RHD car on your own, having to stop and get out and run round to the left to pay at toll booths is not good.:nono::nono: