new here....hopefully an owner soon

tiff

Club Member
Jul 22, 2010
Nr Eastbourne, East Sussex
Hi peeps,

Finally got a deposit on my Mondeo, so now in position to seriously look at a Cougar!
* V6
* with leather (X pack)
* prefer with heated front screen..... a sunroof is a bonus for me too!

Melina Blue is the preferred colour but others considered....

Really like a C2, but always sooooooooooo much!

I've been looking on Autotrader for a month or so and unfortunately seen some real good cars sell, but prices vary.......

Got around £1600 ish to spend....

Hi tiff & welcome to UKC.com. You should be able to pick up a really smart x-pack coog with that kinda budget, but you don't tend to see that many with a sun roof fitted. Happy hunting fella.(y)

Try to avoid a one with a sun roof, they break easily and are very expensive to repair, with A/C you don`t really need one. good luck with the pussy hunt.

Welcome to the forum Tiff. Unless you must have leather, it's worth looking at non X packs, as the only other thing you'll gain is the CD auto-changer, and I upgraded my non X-pack with a Ford 6006 Stereo, so I have an in dash autochanger. Good luck with your search mate.

Welcome Tiff. Your £1600 should certainly get you a tidy enough car, and the spec you want isn't majorly hard to come by. Be aware though that the heated screen can be added to any Cougar (they all have the wiring in place) for around £100 all in, so don't let that be a deal breaker. Cougar sunroofs are comparitively rare and can be problematic, the runners can break and leave the roof jammed open. That said, my first Cougar had a sunroof which, although noisy, never gave any trouble and as far as I know still works fine today (I sold it to a colleague who's certainly never come and whinged at me that it's gone belly up). Melina is a lovely colour, I'm torn between that and Amazon Green as The Best Cougar Colour, but - I could be wrong - I don't think C2s were made in Melina, so it'll have to be a blue one or a new one I'm afraid.

thanks for comments so far....yes, knew about them changing the runners on the C2....just handy to have an extra window :)

I'm thankfully pretty up to speed on specs, colours, problems etc, but owners experience is invaluable!

missed out on 4 in the past 7 days....2 silver, 1 blue, 1 black..........
Seen a C2 but it's in Scotland....which is just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far for me and he wont budge on the price...
oh well, patience I guess

aye.

I recently sold one of my c2's, not that it helps you much.

Aside from the banter on here, if you are set on a c2 fair enough (i prefer the look) but some parts are awkward to get compared to a c1.

Get a C2 and stick a C1 front bumper on it, nearly every other change from C1 to C2 is an improvement (in my opinion anyway). But yes, Mr Ford was having something of an off day when he Mondeoified the lower front end.

Hi Tiff, and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat. Good luck with your search. (y)