New legs and feet

A

Andy-nbr

Well as you know I've trawling through trying to find a set of new wheels for the car, and after chasing 6 different companies for the wheels I wanted, I failed :oops:

I've settled with these and am really chuffed with them. I've had the car lowered by 50mm as well.

Unfortunately this was teamed with a big bill from the garage, as it needed 4 new discs, pads, anti roll bar linkages, 2 rear shock absorbers and all the labour. Resulted in 2 days on the ramps... Anyway heres a couple of pics.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_05351.jpg

It was sitting high as a monster truck before so even 50mm hasn't made much difference really. They're 17" wheels, and it rides a lot better. Shows how wrecked the rear shocks were!

Andy - great job mate - that looks sweet. Watch out for Ginja though - he'll have those wheels off yours when your not looking!! lol Can't believe yours is 50mm lower - doesn't look any lower than mine and mine is 30mm lower??? I think the wheels and stripe compliment each other. Will look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Harewood or CougFest ..if your going that is?

That looks great Andy - as said above the new shoes certainly go well with the graphics.

50mm!!! that's quite a drop - you will probably find that when the new shocks and springs settle down she will sit a lot lower. Put up some pictures in a week or so and we'll see if we can spot the difference (y)

That looks great Andy - as said above the new shoes certainly go well with the graphics.

50mm!!! that's quite a drop - you will probably find that when the new shocks and springs settle down she will sit a lot lower. Put up some pictures in a week or so and we'll see if we can spot the difference (y)

I think he may get a shock on going from lock to lock, as at 50mm lower it may just rub on the inner wheel arch liners. I know under load on full lock my tyres just touch the inner liner and as you know mine is only 30mm lower with 17 inch alloys.

What lowering kit have you used Andy to get 50mm?? The wheels look swish, like them a lot :)

Cheers guys, I was really chuffed when I got them on, work really well with the style of the car / gaphics :)

I used Cobra springs, which claimed 40mm rear 50mm front for the 2.5 V6.

I queried this with them as when they arrived, the box said 2.0l Zetec 40mm / 40mm springs. I was told the weight of the V6 bungs the front end down to 50mm.

As mofo said, we'll see in a few weeks if it's changed :p