Welcome!

How long have you had it for? Do you know any of its history?

::Edit:: Not to be creepy, but I just stalked its (publically available) MOT history. That car has been loved. And less than 60K miles on it.

Welcome!

How long have you had it for? Do you know any of its history?

::Edit:: Not to be creepy, but I just stalked its (publically available) MOT history. That car has been loved. And less than 60K miles on it.
Yes mostly Ford main dealer history original hand books bill of sale and every bill in its life
Post automatically merged:

And heated front screen

...or perhaps not, Tony. I spotted it straight away but didn't want to be 'that guy' - I'm fairly sure that's Tourmaline Green rather than Amazon Green. Amazon only came along for the C2 and, as you say, is a little lighter.
You may have a point there Rich lol looks lighter on my new lappy lol but C1 wheels on an X plate, could possibly be a C2 but i doubt it..........

Mr Amazon Green it seems sir you may be an unwitting fraud lol and should be TOURMALINE Green :ROFLMAO: 😁 :cool::cool::cool:
The Best colour obviously 😁

• Wow
Reactions: nvingo
Unfortunately registration dates can be very misleading when it comes to determining the age of the car because Cougars didn't actually fly off the forecourts in great numbers.

Yours was built on the 18th of Jan. 2000 and is listed as being Dark Tourmaline on ETIS, the official Ford Vehicle Data base. (y)

You can check your paint code on the VIN plate on the front slam panel.
I think it's the 6th box down on the LH side of the plate and will be either CA or NE if it's Tourmaline. SU is Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mako and The Amazon
Thee days, I meausure by when the car was first registered and put on the road, not when it was built.

Not that it matters (or that anyone should care) but the build/release date of my first one had major significance to me and I don't like it.

Unfortunately it's often the case that new cars were stored outside in less than favourable conditions, remember seeing a carpark full of new Fiat's by a sea front with breaking waves in the winter spraying lots of Italian rust prone cars with salt ☹️, with slow sellers a car can sit around a yard a long time and not be as new as you think when it eventually gets a number plate ☹️