One week to wait until I'm a cougar owner again!

T

tykeye

Hello one & all!!

I used to own a black V6 a few years ago and was a member of this forum (albeit a rather quiet member who read a lot but posted little) probably under the name phil128 although it's that long ago I can't remember!

Well after a few years driving an Alfa 156 Twin Spark the memory of the V6 is too strong & it was time to own my favourite ever car again! So I've agreed a purchase of a silver V6 this time with the X Pack, hopefully picking it up next saturday as the seller is on holiday at the moment. Trying to be patient while I wait lol

So I thought I'd sign up & subscribe & say hello while I patiently wait for my Cat!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil, welcime back to the forum. There must be some truth in the "cougar" phenomenon. The number of previous owners who return with a second or even a third cat.
Hope you've got long fingernails! waiting is a terrible thing :LOL:

Thanks guys, this week is going to seem very long! I've just bought a set of the Racebits exhaust manifold & y-pipe off ebay which'll probably arrive before I get the car haha

Well all this waiting is financially dangerous as I keep buying parts on ebay lol It's all things I planned to buy for the previous Cougar I owned but finances didn't allow back then.
So far I've bought:
Exhaust Manifold & Y-Pipe to remove pre-cats
ST200 UIM
ST200 LIM with green injectors (not 100% sure I need this as seem to remember certain years had the larger bore LIM?)
Can anyone let me know whether the ST200 Cams are worth fitting as well?
Cheers guys!

Hi Phil,

Welcome back to UKCougar.com(y)..............a nice frosty V6 x-pack eh:)...........I admire your excellent taste lol!:cool:

Good luck with the new cat btw.:)

The cams are probably not worth fitting - if you were planning on going that far it would be far easier and cheaper just to get an ST200 engine and stick that in.

One thing that is missing off your list which would certainly make a difference is an ST200 ECU.

Here is my thread on doing what your intending which has a few questions and answers on things like cams - which I didn't do http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?16018-Racebits-re-map-fantastic-EDIT-**-214-**-BHP (y)

Well all this waiting is financially dangerous as I keep buying parts on ebay lol It's all things I planned to buy for the previous Cougar I owned but finances didn't allow back then.
So far I've bought:
Exhaust Manifold & Y-Pipe to remove pre-cats
ST200 UIM
ST200 LIM with green injectors (not 100% sure I need this as seem to remember certain years had the larger bore LIM?)
Can anyone let me know whether the ST200 Cams are worth fitting as well?
Cheers guys!

I reckon its my green injectors and LIM you have bought off ebay?

Hello everyone & thanks for making me feel welcome :)
scunnycougar are you beswick-bob on ebay? if so then yes! I'd been eyeing them up & the UIM for about a week & tonight just thought why not haha.
My story for coming back into the cougar fold earlier than planned (was supposed to be about march ish next year) is that I saw V6 NOS on pistonheads for sale, I remembered the car from when I was on the forums before & loved the styling & mods so quickly arranged a £2k loan with my bank but by then (Lewy?) had already agreed a sale, just wasn't meant to be!
Bit disappointed at first but then I found one for £1200 on ebay/pistonheads and have allowed myself the remaining £800 for some mods up front. The (soon to be mine) cougar has got a racebits induction kit on and custom dual cat back exhaust already & 18" alloys so my £800 budget is for the 3 things I've just bought & maybe a couple of styling mods like HIDs etc
I've also been watching 2 sets of ST200 cams but after reading through mofo sob's thread I don't think I'll bother with them. Really glad i asked the question now and my subsription here has already saved me lots of money!! I'll have to do a search for an ECU now though, any idea of costs on those?
Reading your thread mofo sob has been very interesting and certainly motivates me to get all the parts then a re-map sorted. A friend of mine has just recommend a local rolling road (z-cars, they do some mental mini kits) as they're offering 3 power runs & a printout for £60 so before I do anything to the engine I'm going to get a baseline run done. Then another friend will assist fitting the exhaust manifold & y-pipe and I'll probably get another power run done at that point so I'll let you all know what the before & after figures are.
Again, thanks for your advice, I've only been here a day & already reaping the benfits lol

No probs, at this rate I'll have a pile of parts before the car lol

Phil - I got most of my stuff from Nick @ -global-mondeo-st-solutions on ebay. Not sure how much the ECU would be by itself as I go the green injectors and ECU from him at the same time and paid £150 (y)

Thanks,
Nick's the guy I'm buying the UIM from on ebay so I've emailed him to see if he can source an ECU, if not I'll have a look at the Megasquirt (y)

Hello and welcome back Phil, sounds like your gonna have quite a nice cat once you done with all the mods...lol