Polished

Ace Melon

Well-known user
Aug 10, 2009
Market Rasen, Lincs
I've just had my Cougar mechanically polished. It worked out cheaper than learning how to do it/buying the kit and polish etc.

It's marvelous!!! OK so the actual finished result shows up all the stone chips, key marks, and 10 years of car park scars but it's soooo smooth to the touch. It's glossy and nice.

He started with wet and dry on the worst bits then through several different grades of cutting compound (one of which felt like sand!!) before starting the polishing stage. The shop is heaving with dust and destroyed pad material :)

Just a couple of pics.
Before the final hose down.

Photo0729.jpg

Lots of polish sitting on the windscreen!!
Photo0722.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ace_melon/washed and weady/Photo0722.jpg

Nice job there mate, I do mine myself, takes about 2 to 3 hours. I valet cars in my spare time for friends, Work colleagues etc. I only charge £30 for both internal and external valet (take me about 4 to 5 hours per car) These are just some of the cars I have done:

FordSierra-BeforeandAfter001.jpg

VauxhallCorsa-BeforeandAfter001.jpg

NewMini-BeforeandAfter001.jpg

VWGolfGTiConvertable-After001.jpg

:LOL: that sierra looks like my old bosses, the berk used to use washing up liquid to clean it with, stuff just strips off the wax...then the laquer...then the paint...;) (especialy the INDUSTRIAL washing up liquid, Fairy it isn't, don't know about soft hands more like mush!)