• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

proposal for 2013

The lakeside spot is ours to use regardless as the reservation is already made we also get to have our cars by us also, in addition it saves hassle with water logged fields!.

I think the best thing to do is refund deposits.

We manage at nationals without all the extras and I am sure we will here. Same rules apply when booking at Grendon, tell they you are with the club.

JJ

I'll be honest, without a cougar at fest, I would feel like a fish out of water, it is always toted as being about the people, which it is, but having been all those times with my car, I couldn't attend without it. I haven't rushed into a decision on the car, although I thought I had decided weeks ago, I started it up last weekend and was mesmerized by the exhaust burbling away.

Know the feeling mate, been to as many fests as you and now I'm cougar-less it just don't feel the same without a cat.
Be a bit daft us just coming for the Saturday and Sunday morning (even if we have just purchased a new tent) but I'll discuss it with Emma :confused:

The lakeside spot is ours to use regardless as the reservation is already made we also get to have our cars by us also, in addition it saves hassle with water logged fields!.

I think the best thing to do is refund deposits.

We manage at nationals without all the extras and I am sure we will here. Same rules apply when booking at Grendon, tell they you are with the club.

JJ

Just to clarify for those who have asked, I have no association or access to any deposits taken. As far as I was aware, they were being refunded as per Jason's post above on the 11th June. All deposits were paid directly to Jason's PayPal, not mine. I therefore have no access whatsoever to any monies people are owed. Thanks ;)

Don't let it grind you down folks. Probefest was probably put to bed several years ago.

Just come on to read about the demise of Cougarfest (well sort of) and I'm saddened.

Probefest is still going though numbers were down this year - three years ago we got about 90 probes (the largest gathering anywhere in the world!!!) this year was a slightly depressing 40. 2014 is the 20th UK anniversary of the car so we hope to get a better turn out.

Just come on to read about the demise of Cougarfest (well sort of) and I'm saddened.

Probefest is still going though numbers were down this year - three years ago we got about 90 probes (the largest gathering anywhere in the world!!!) this year was a slightly depressing 40. 2014 is the 20th UK anniversary of the car so we hope to get a better turn out.

TBH going on the numbers that attended this year its far from dead ;) maybe just a bit stale lol. These day's cost is usually what puts people off, the enthusiasm is still there, but people cant justify the costs, that's why Andy's remix on the organization/pricing was so well received. I think next year will be better still :)

Ok guys have started issuing refunds so far those below have been done but PayPal have restricted the account for security checks so I cannot access it to send the others out at the moment, as soon as it has been sorted I will send the remaining payments back to the rest of you. They have said it will take a few days to do the checks and I have already sent the info asked for.

Alan
Dick

JJ

A slightly depressing 40 cars would be a result for cougarfest, even in its early days it struggled to get that number.

TBH going on the numbers that attended this year its far from dead ;) maybe just a bit stale lol. These day's cost is usually what puts people off, the enthusiasm is still there, but people cant justify the costs, that's why Andy's remix on the organization/pricing was so well received. I think next year will be better still :)

The enthusiasm from some members is there but let's face it, it is from the same core of diehards (minus us this year), enthusiasm for events has never been the strong point of this club, it has always been hard work to drum up support for a show and we have been lucky to touch double figures at a lot of shows over the years, there have been exceptions but in the main, this has never been a club that has bubbled with enthusiasm for shows.

Can anybody in admin confirm what's happening? I got a pm off Jason but as yet , I haven't got my twenty quid back, is anybody else still waiting, or is it just me? Have sent everything including the payment reference number and the date of payment, I can't see that it would be too hard to see that I am not trying to rip the club off, especially when I can pinpoint the payment to the 3rd September 2012.

I'm on the case Richard, we swapped PayPal accounts over so I've requested the history mate, there is no question of you trying to "try it on" at all.

I did say it would take a few days for me to get it sorted.

JJ

There you go, that's from my statement, I can't see why I am waiting. Surely you can contact them with the reference number and your old account details to confirm whether a payment has been made, I'm not making it up and it is nearly 17 months since I coughed up, then a further 6 months since I was promised a refund, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that it's resolved a little quicker than it has been up to now.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
03/09/2012 Payment Sent : Jason Jones GBP -20.00 -0.88 -20.88
ID: 9MW11836WY5441425
Completed
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................