self made angel eyes

Paul, mine run from the sidelight connections, i have no sidelight bulbs in at all. The rings are classed as sidelights at MOT time. (y)

same here (y) no sidelights in my car the angel eyes are more than enough.

One word of advice if you going the cold cathode route. Just buy the tubes and dont buy wiltec inverters. They dont like moisture at all and do blow very easily. Maplin do a cold cathode inverter for a fiver that runs two tubes from one unit ( wiltec ones are one per tube) and are a lot more forgiving with moisture and heat.

Thats great, thanks for that guys :)
My only concern is with me having HID lights already in there. Would they cause any heat problems? I thought HID bulbs were supposed to be hotter, but i may be wrong.

Sounds good, rings are ordered. May not get a chance to fit them for a while though as the mini beast is my first priority, then i need to change my suspension top bearings.
Think i may paint the lights inside gloss black too to freshen them up.

thats the invertor you need from maplins... 2 per headlight

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99522

a49gn.jpg

:Dthey look amazing!!!.... if i get all the gear for harewood would anyone show/help or do this mod for me:LOL::LOL::eek:

Mark, have you seen my "HOW-TO" ?

It's not a quick job to do, but if somebody (Rob) could do one while i do the other, then we might be ok, bearing in mind, i'll have Vonny with me this time so i might have to keep her entertained as well :rolleyes5: :LOL:

just kidding guys

:hand::hand:i was only joking alan,, i dont wanna sacrifice somebody elses pleasureable day by faffing aboot wiv my headlights.... sunbathing weather is forecast...so i'll be covering myself in baby oil:yesnod: and laying out catching the rays...might even wear my cougar thong for minimal white lines!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:hand::hand:i was only joking alan,, i dont wanna sacrifice somebody elses pleasureable day by faffing aboot wiv my headlights.... sunbathing weather is forecast...so i'll be covering myself in baby oil:yesnod: and laying out catching the rays...might even wear my cougar thong for minimal white lines!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Note to myself:

Alan, READ THE BLOODY POST! :mad2:

OOOOHhhhh Nooooooooooooo.............:eek:

Don't drop the bonnet! :hand: Thats what breaks the tubes, and get some ventilation into the light units as Rob and myself did, or put the inverters on the outside of the headlight unit. :idea:

I am going t have a go at the ccfl route but will be using tinting spray on them as they look horrible to me during the day they stick out to much for my liking so the plan is to use tail light tinit on them.

JJ