Severe Sleeping Disorder diagnosis

Just as an update my driving license that was reissued is up for medical review in November this has posed a problem in that I was contemplating putting the cougar on the road in time for fest. Unfortunately whilst insurance companies are legally not allowed to increase your premiums or refuse cover based on medical grounds due to lockdowns and the revocation of my license, sufficient time has elapsed that my no claims discount has now been nullified. So my 23 years no claims no longer exists meaning with all modifications listed my quotes are £4k plus and even if I was desperate enough to pay that monthly if my license is revoked again in November (which is a possibility) I would have to pay the balance as the insurance would be invalidated. I am now seriously considering selling my Cougar for scrap as it’s not worth much without MOT

That''s just so wrong Paul, how long was your licence revoked for? When I was diagnosed they just revoked my HGV licence untill the problem was controlled and regularly monitered, I kept the use of my car licence, now have the HGV back too, are you still on the CPAP machine?

That feels very harsh Procomm. The only question I have is how is your condition and are they likely to revoke your licence again in November ?
If you’ve been driving and had insurance recently then I guess the problem is insuring a second car. Can you not insure the Cougar as your main car, even if for a short period. Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree.

That''s just so wrong Paul, how long was your licence revoked for? When I was diagnosed they just revoked my HGV licence untill the problem was controlled and regularly monitered, I kept the use of my car licence, now have the HGV back too, are you still on the CPAP machine?
License was revoked for 9 months but insurance has not been in my name for 2 years now, yes I am still using CPAP machine which averages out at 12 events an hour over the month.
i don’t think they will revoke my license again as it is now considered managed but you never can tell with the DVLA