Shagmonkey made me cry!!!

I know my limitations Mark. They will be going to the professionals for the refurb. (y)
Anyone got any recommendations for decent but not extortionate places (See pauls earlier post...I'm paying by installments ;))? They will need the beads welding and have a couple of heavy dings in them. Kinda usual stuff for the style. They do stand a bit proud of the tyres (John has suggested a different size that will go to minimise this in future)
I'm currently playing with my wiring. Tell tale sorted on the sidelights. The resistors were an easy peasy install. Open lamp. Find bulb. Bare a couple of mill of the wires to the bulb. + to + -to - solder, tape. And theres a lovely flat bit inside that a little bit of numberplate tape has them fixed forever. A tidy job if I do say so myself :)
Now it's time to wire in my latest batch of LEDs. Oh yes 54 of them in a strip under the grill. Knight Rider? Amature ;)

ask either jj or kully iam sure one of them know a place that refurbs,alan wouldnt it be easier just to remove the rear calipers and buff them back to the metal?heres a pic of a pair i have cleaned up one finished and the other the way i got it and the one i cleaned up was worse than the one still to do.the rust was that bad it had built up around the bleed nipple by about 10mm

02072010311.jpg

my rears were bad as well paul,i started using small ball and pein hammer to remove the majority of the rust then attacked it with grinding stones before wire brushing,i did try using the sander attachment on a drill but found the stones way quicker and better

I know my limitations Mark. They will be going to the professionals for the refurb. (y)
Anyone got any recommendations for decent but not extortionate places (See pauls earlier post...I'm paying by installments ;))?
I got mine refurbed here Al : Speedy's Wheels & Tyres, Tel : 0116 2530000
http://www.speedyswheels.com/

They were very cheap to me, £140 for stripping & respraying & break calipers painted FOC into the price.(y)

Maybe a bit too far for you to travel, unless the price is right lol!:)

Just try googling under alloy refurb in your local area bud, then ring around for some quotes.(y)

Mark (SabreTooth) Did they have any remedial work to do on your rims? Mine are quite heavily gouged in places and the edges could do with a bead weld? Derby isn't too far and I have friends there so a good excuse for a trip out ;)

I think my rears are barely caliper shaped Paul. I would put a picture up but it would hurt your eyes!!

Mark (Charliecd001), you're a diamond. PM sent.