Something about EBONY

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
I've sprayed loads of frosty paint, done a bit of green, even odd bits of blue, but the Ebony is a rare paint for me to use, i've only ever done a few jobs with it, and this one in particular, a oem spoiler. I really enjoyed prepping and painting it, but i have especially enjoyed the finishing stages, the black gets better and deeper with each polish. I finished it by hand and found it to be very theraputic. Still bunged up with a cold so this was a pleasant distraction. The shine just doesn't show, but it is like black glass, or should that be EBONY GLASS :

Get some G3 on, this is after the de-nib stage flatting:

011.jpg

01.jpg

Try a bit of polish.
012.jpg

...and like i said, it just doesn't show.
015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

Nice work there Al (y)

I have a bumper and bonnet to spray soon for mine..I have a compressor and spray gun but its years since i did panels with it and i have never had to apply clearcoat.

Is there any chance you could detail whattype of paint i need as i think things have moved on a bit since i last did anything ?

your right theres something about ebony al couple of days after doing mines it shows al the scratches again bahhhhhhhhhhh

I see you made the spoiler rig Al perfect for the job in hand!

Yes, beleive it or not, that is the very first spoiler i've done, and realised it needed to be elevated for me to get underneath with the gun. A couple of lengths of 6mm threaded bar did the trick.

Nice work there Al (y)

I have a bumper and bonnet to spray soon for mine..I have a compressor and spray gun but its years since i did panels with it and i have never had to apply clearcoat.

Is there any chance you could detail whattype of paint i need as i think things have moved on a bit since i last did anything ?

Thanks Mart.
I use basecoat and 2xpack laquer (clearcoat) but you do need a good mask for spraying this stuff.

I am guessing this is my spoiler. Thanks Al that looks absolutely stunning. Really looking forward to fitting it. Fitted my HID kit today as well so the car is really taking shape