Sutble changes

jovisd79

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2009
haverhill
Ok heres some of the things ive done recently to my cougar.
First better late than never the speedhut dials.... look better at night though.
sports009-1.jpg

new front lip hasnt made a massive difference TBH but its sutble and thats what i like
sports011.jpg

sports010.jpg

rear light covers...
sports013.jpg

sports012.jpg

and engine bay looking bit tidier and fresher than when i got it
sports014.jpg

sports015.jpg

(y)

Very nice subtle but effective mods there. One tidy looking frosty you have. Really liking your car

Very Nice!

Where did you buy that front lip from?

There was about 3 on ebay little while ago for reasonabley cheap, think Ace Melon or one of the "Ace's" on here got one to on their Ebony. Genuine Ford part so quite hard to come by so im told. Cheers for the comments

The bug has bitten then? lol

Good work, at first the dials made me say out loud "Oh god no I don't like that, think it was the bright red but then I immediately said, "I actually like those", even in red !!:) No modification has ever drawn a negative and a positive reaction in such a short time since I've been a member!!

They'd be nice in Black on my car:cool::cool::cool:

What's next?:):):)

cheers Richb, glad im glad im able to cause you such conflicting opinions in such a short space of timeo_O lol.
The idea of getting the dials in silver and red was that i was going to get gear knob that was silver with red detailing on top so it'd all fit in. Also in the dark its just the red that glows which looks pretty sweet.
My big "want" is wheels but with an iminent arrival I seem to get a disapproving glare from the Mrs everytime I mention it:sleep: so I'll have to iether strike it lucky with a decent 2nd hand set for cheap on ebay or it'll have to wait a few months.

Looking good there Joe - I especially like that very subtle light blue lettering on the IMRC cover with the blue also in the indents to the right - will have to get some gold in my indents after seeing that (y)

Looking good there Joe - I especially like that very subtle light blue lettering on the IMRC cover with the blue also in the indents to the right - will have to get some gold in my indents after seeing that (y)
got mine of "droidgordie42" on here, have to say i'm really chuffed with that. Might worth seeing if he can you knock you up a green and gold one?

Got a green and gold one already thanks Joe - just think that it would look better with the double indents on the right filled in like yours so will try and get that done this weekend (y)

21MayMods020.jpg

Edit - posts crossed :geek:

My big "want" is wheels but with an iminent arrival I seem to get a disapproving glare from the Mrs everytime I mention it:sleep: so I'll have to iether strike it lucky with a decent 2nd hand set for cheap on ebay or it'll have to wait a few months.

The secret is not to mention it! lol

The dials look better every time i see them, looking forward to seeing the progress, it's a fun journey, I want to do some more to mine but am unsure of what to do, have ideas but don't think there's much more I could do to mine without overdoing it!

As I said, buy it, don't discuss first!!

The secret is not to mention it! lol

The dials look better every time i see them, looking forward to seeing the progress, it's a fun journey, I want to do some more to mine but am unsure of what to do, have ideas but don't think there's much more I could do to mine without overdoing it!

As I said, buy it, don't discuss first!!

cheers for the advice, silence may be the way to go:angel:. Y dont get the red dials then a red light on front of the bonnet that swoops from side to side?:) Think i saw something similar at Harewood and on TV in the 80's?(y)lol dont think that would be overdoing it too much.....

now lets look at some wheels........

now lets look at some wheels........

As Rich says - just don't mention it and hope she doesn't notice :LOL:

Also remember when you are sorting out your budget that you can sell your current wheels to set against the cost - that's what I did - you could also do what I did and tell the Mrs that the sale of your old wheels will just about cover the costs of the new ones - stretching the truth a bit maybe and - yes I do brick it for the last few days of the month hoping that nothing's gonna bounce - but for the other 4 weeks of the month I drive around with a priceless grin on my face (y)