T shirt-belt pads-mudflaps-callipers

mofo sob

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2008
manchester
The other day I won this t shirt on eBay for 99p (+ £6.99 p&p:yikes:) but it's fruit of the loom and I like it

0109mods004.jpg

Anyway, I got it from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-cougar-c...thes?hash=item2a00dc1904&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and noticed that he did seatbelt pads - but I couldn't see any cougar ones so I emailed him and he got back to me with a pattern that he said he could do in any colour combo I wanted so I got this:

0109mods002.jpg

0109mods003.jpg

...For 12.99 posted which I thought was quite good.

Now in the mood for modding I decided to chance the weather and get the newly tarted up mud flaps fitted and do the callipers at the same time and what a palaver that was :frown2:. One little screw to remove from the wheel arch on each side but could I budge them - NO :mad5:. Tried all sorts - screwdrivers, pliers, mole wrech but the little s*ds wouldn't move :mad2:.

In the end I decided to drill them out and ended up melting the plastic surrounds but got the little buggers out in the end.

Did the callipers with gold hammerite. Should've taken about 2 hours but ended up taking about 6 with all the rain so the photos are a bit cr*p as ended up taking most of them in the dark. Will put up a few more once I've cleaned her up.

0109mods005.jpg

0109mods007.jpg

0109mods010.jpg

0109mods009.jpg

Also won these 3.5" cougar head stickers on eBay the other day - sorry if I outbid anyone on here but I liked them :yesnod:.

0109mods013.jpg

Hadn't realised that the ukcougar.com cougar and the cougar in Alan's sticker are all left facing until I put my new right facing sticker on the drivers side but I think it looks OK.

0109mods014.jpg

Busy day - Knackered now :sleep:
:D

brake pads lol best done when changing pads as you would need to remove the pads to grease up slider where each end of the pad sits on to and i usually do the back of the pads where they rest against caliper and piston using small paint brush

OK so I'll really show my ignorance here - do you mean the seatbelt pads or the brake pads and if you mean brake pads - how do I apply it (Doh!) :D
I'll bring some over Iain will give you a quick how to pm me if youv'e got 10 mins free this week pref thursday

brake pads lol best done when changing pads as you would need to remove the pads to grease up slider where each end of the pad sits on to and i usually do the back of the pads where they rest against caliper and piston using small paint brush
Yeah but like I've just said he has only PAINTED the calipers he hasn't removed them, he's done like I did (and will be re-doing) painted his Calipers in-situe :yesnod:

I'll bring some over Iain will give you a quick how to pm me if youv'e got 10 mins free this week pref thursday

Cheers Mark. Thursday, however, is a bit of a no no. Big case in court and evening meeting until about 10 :frown2:. Wagged it today as I cracked a 3 day trial on day 1. Could probably find time on any other day and possibly Thursday afternoon but won't know until finished that case. As ginja observed I did do it in situ so don't know if it needs doing.

One thing that did concern me however, and probably wants looking at, was that after I had jacked the back end up the rear o/s wheel moved round more or less freely. It wasn't really until I noticed that the n/s was locked that I realized that it shouldn't have been moving as the handbrake was obviously on. Took her for a drive after and seemed to be braking fine. Had the pads discs and fluid all done 3-4 months ago. Any ideas as to whats wrong?

Cheers Mark. Thursday, however, is a bit of a no no. Big case in court and evening meeting until about 10 :frown2:. Wagged it today as I cracked a 3 day trial on day 1. Could probably find time on any other day and possibly Thursday afternoon but won't know until finished that case. As ginja observed I did do it in situ so don't know if it needs doing.

One thing that did concern me however, and probably wants looking at, was that after I had jacked the back end up the rear o/s wheel moved round more or less freely. It wasn't really until I noticed that the n/s was locked that I realized that it shouldn't have been moving as the handbrake was obviously on. Took her for a drive after and seemed to be braking fine. Had the pads discs and fluid all done 3-4 months ago. Any ideas as to whats wrong?

That sounds to me like a seized caliper handbrake lever Iain. Common fault and takes a lot of work to free them off.

Disconnect the cable from that caliper, lace the lever with wd40/duck oil or whatever freeing agent you use, and spend a lot of time.loose a lot of sweat working the lever back and forth. Keep loading it with the wd, loads of rusty coloured juice will emitt from the caliper. It's always easier to do this when the caliper is off the car and in a bench vice. Sometimes even more preferable is to get hold of a replacement caliper. Save a lot of hard work and the job can be done a lot quicker.

Are you a barrister mate?

Are you a barrister mate?

More or less mate. I'm down in the members occupational directory as a Higher Courts Advocate which is basically the same thing except I'm a solicitor. Barristers and HCAs don't tend to get on too well - usually something to do with the snob factor :frown2: