• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

The Cougarfest Bandom Ranter Thread 2010

Who gives a "Vulgar 4 letter verb meaning 'to fornicate'." what the weather does? sun would be great but as long as we have a field for three days with drink, I'm up for it!

Does it matter what the weather does? just as long as your pipes are clean and your bed is dry :)

The bed being dry is one of which I'm a little worried about....I kinda didn't really go for an all out waterproof tent! ....Oops! it says it is only capable in "light showers".... I personally didn't think it would rain when I bought it....me thinks I've dropped a clanger! LOL.... Guess I maybe sleeping in my car! LOL

Tim, told you to make sure you glued the Sunshine button down for Wellingborough!!

Just on a side note, the Met Office App on my IPhone said Wellingborough was gonna be heavy rain all day today and it was bone dry and sunny when I was there this morning!

fingers crossed.....................

Well......I tried to glue it down, but got caught in the act and had to spend hours with a sharp tool removing all the glue! :LOL::LOL:

tim if worst comes to worst, my tent has 2 seperate rooms , and there is only me , so if yours decides to impersonate a sieve, should still be able to sort some space, :LOL:

Mine tried to impersonate a seive last year...;)...you know who you are ;)

I'm not that bothered about the weather Rich its just an inconvenience is all

seem to remember someone else sleeping in their car after their tent got damp rather than yours ginja, :LOL:

tim if worst comes to worst, my tent has 2 seperate rooms , and there is only me , so if yours decides to impersonate a sieve, should still be able to sort some space, :LOL:

Thanks bud, will wait to see how bad things get, as this is my first attempt at camping!! Bring it on!! LOL

The bed being dry is one of which I'm a little worried about....I kinda didn't really go for an all out waterproof tent! ....Oops! it says it is only capable in "light showers".... I personally didn't think it would rain when I bought it....me thinks I've dropped a clanger! LOL.... Guess I maybe sleeping in my car! LOL

Get a candle (not a fraganced one or you'll have every midge in the area coming to your place for a buffet) and rub it over all the seams and stitching of the tent. Me and a mate went camping around 15 years ago and bought the same tent (budget jobbie) from the same shop. A mutual friend who was very outdoorsy - and is the sole person responsible for half of my wardrobe now being 'outdoors' orientated - advised us that as it was from the bargain bin it would be an idea to wax all the seams. I did so, mate didn't. First night we were at Windermere it bombed down, and on the stagger back to the tent from the pub we joked about how amusing it would be if our tents went sailing past us in the deluge. We got to our tents, I unzipped and climbed in, my mate unzipped his tent and dove in - literally. It was a paddling pool in there and it appeared to be raining harder inside his tent than it was outside! He slept in the car that night & I had a lovely dry night. To say I awoke with my 'smug' hat pulled firmly over my ears would be an understatement. That was his first, and last camping trip. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks bud, but I have come up with a cunning plan...... I have a car cover...that is waterproof....and so will put that over the top of my tent, yeh, sure it will look sh*te, but at least it will stop me from getting wet. I've also got an RAC ground sheet for working underneath cars which is waterproof and very thick and comes with it's own tent pegs, so will be sitting that underneath my tent, so all should be well. Besides which, I have just checked the latest forecast and looks like a quite a dry weekend, apart from the odd shower. Just the wind to contend with, as will be gusting to about 44mph on the Friday.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/towcester_forecast_weather.html

Meh I don't believe weather people I look out my window far more accurate, see you soon Tim!!!

JJ

Yeh, see you all at Fest tomorrow. JJ, see you and Kully later. Hopefully will leave in the next hour or so.

Well I`m missing cougarfest for the first time since the first fest in 2005, got to work nightshift friday, saturday and sunday .. I really hope the weather holds out and everyone has a great time.

Well, I have braved the weather and vacuumed the Cat, it's cleaner inside now than it was when I picked it up :)
It'll be getting a wash/polish at the local 'hand wash' place tomorrow morning before we head off.