The ugly has landed!

Trust me john has had loads of stick off us at HQ:devilish: even today when he dropped me back his phone went and Kath (his better half) asked him should she ring the council as someone had dumped a car in his driveway.:LOL:
As John rightly says it isn't pretty but as Si will vouch you wouldn't beleive the way it goes round bends at mental speeds!.:D Plus john has the cossie brakes so it will quite happily try and rip your face off when you stop sharp.:censored: You get the cougar grin times 4:):):):)

Trust me john has had loads of stick off us at HQ:devilish: even today when he dropped me back his phone went and Kath (his better half) asked him should she ring the council as someone had dumped a car in his driveway.:LOL:
As John rightly says it isn't pretty but as Si will vouch you wouldn't beleive the way it goes round bends at mental speeds!.:D Plus john has the cossie brakes so it will quite happily try and rip your face off when you stop sharp.:censored: You get the cougar grin times 4:):):):)

Classic :LOL:

What made me laugh was when Mark had just dropped the 4x4 off. I had just gone outside to take the C2 off the drive to be replaced by the 4x4 (the 4x4 was on the pavement outside). A group of lads were walking around the corner (they obviously know I have a cougar) and the question shouted was 'eh mate, have you had that resprayed?' (I'm assuming they meant resprayed from green to blue) :eek:

Erm....yeah, of course I designed the colour scheme myself too :LOL:

I'm trying to work out why everyone calls it The Ugly. Or is that patchy matte effect on the paintwork real, and not just a digital camera artifact? Because if so, that car is a very bad advert for rattle cans. Or possibly even emulsion brushes.

Saying that, I hope I'm not insulting anyone here who might have been responsible for it. To be fair it's not the easiest of things to do to a large panel, so it looks like a valiant attempt at least.

Quicksilver
, I'm [strikeout]assuming[/strikeout] hoping that someone just got themselves a bodykit and didn't have time to spray it before a show. Wide arches held on with masking tape? :eek:

I'm trying to work out why everyone calls it The Ugly. Or is that patchy matte effect on the paintwork real, and not just a digital camera artifact? Because if so, that car is a very bad advert for rattle cans. Or possibly even emulsion brushes.

Saying that, I hope I'm not insulting anyone here who might have been responsible for it. To be fair it's not the easiest of things to do to a large panel, so it looks like a valiant attempt at least.

Quicksilver
, I'm [strikeout]assuming[/strikeout] hoping that someone just got themselves a bodykit and didn't have time to spray it before a show. Wide arches held on with masking tape? :eek:

Nope, it's real :sick:

It was sprayed.....sorry.....assaulted by the guy that Nick bought it off prior to him converting to 4x4 - didn't bother Nick (but it does bother me) :LOL:

I can only assume whoever sprayed it was blind - even a chimp could have got a better finish with a rattle can than they did (and no, they're not a member thank god) :LOL:

It's only short term pain - the plan is for a respray and she'll be lovingly restored to former glory (from the catepillar comes a beautiful butterfly.....apparently) (y)

fair point well made.

Did you sell the c2 yet?

Not yet....will be going on Autotrader at the weekend.....complete with the C2 headlights that were an utter ar*e to swap (I knew metal needed trimming from the C1 but it turns out both the indicator and main light connectors were different too). Bloody Ford! :cautious:

Not too bothered, managed to source a set of C1 lights from Nick that were in much better condition than the existing ones. The best of both worlds - C2 inside, C1 outside (plus 4x4 of course) :)

Nope, it's real :sick:

It was sprayed.....sorry.....assaulted by the guy that Nick bought it off prior to him converting to 4x4 - didn't bother Nick (but it does bother me) :LOL:

I can only assume whoever sprayed it was blind - even a chimp could have got a better finish with a rattle can than they did (and no, they're not a member thank god) :LOL:

It's only short term pain - the plan is for a respray and she'll be lovingly restored to former glory (from the catepillar comes a beautiful butterfly.....apparently) (y)

Cheers for that - I kind of figured that must be the case.

I can kind of sympathise with Nick though. I had a Rover in their gorgeous Tahiti Blue, which before I bought it had been repaired after a crash. The rear quarter was resprayed badly with a rattle can. I knew I wasn't going to keep it for more than a year so I just gave it a good polish and lived with it.

The difference of course is that the Cougar is worth you saving it, and doing the right thing by it. :beer:

Quicksilver, I'm [strikeout]assuming[/strikeout] hoping that someone just got themselves a bodykit and didn't have time to spray it before a show. Wide arches held on with masking tape? :eek:

The car was at Castle Combe Action Day in April and they had actually gone to the trouble of covering their front bumper with pages from magazines with a motoring/modifying theme and removed the number plate so as not to spoil the effect.......................................................o_Oo_O

Not yet....will be going on Autotrader at the weekend.....complete with the C2 headlights that were an utter ar*e to swap (I knew metal needed trimming from the C1 but it turns out both the indicator and main light connectors were different too). Bloody Ford! :cautious:

Not too bothered, managed to source a set of C1 lights from Nick that were in much better condition than the existing ones. The best of both worlds - C2 inside, C1 outside (plus 4x4 of course) :)

Is it worth selling your c2 with c1 headlights and selling the originals on ebay?

Is it worth selling your c2 with c1 headlights and selling the originals on ebay?

That was the plan Si but......

I wanted the C2 lights on the fourby but after removing the lights and grille at HQ and seeing the pain in the ar*e of a job needed (removing some metal to accommodate the C2 lights) the plan changed to fitting C1 lights to the C2 and selling the C2 lights seperately.

Then....

Upon attempting to fit C1 lights to the C2 - I knew the indicator bulb holders were different between C1 and C2 so I spliced in a C1 bulb holder.....only to find that the main connector for the headlights is also different. Too much of a pain to start messing about with the headlight loom so that was that too! :cautious:

Still, it will add a little bit to the value of the car still having a full C2 exterior rather than the bit of a mongrel it would have ended up as :LOL:

Edit: I forgot about having to take a hacksaw to the grille too as a C2 grille will not fit with C1 headlights without trimming :oops:

Not yet....I'm hoping to sort the insurance for Saturday (due to the new rules I'm going to have to stomach insuring both cats until the C2 sells) :eek:

On Saturday it'll be a trip to the jetwash for a badly needed wash - it'll still look crap but clean crap (rather than dirty crap) :LOL: