The UKC.COM Chris Adams Award

I think the guys have a point and maybe it should read UKCougar.com

After all, we know the abbreviation but looking at the suggestion, I think it would be that bit more "proper" if the site address was in full ;)

We decided on UKC.com as we all know what it is, don't we? discuss? but make it quick, the order is in.

I think the guys have a point and maybe it should read UKCougar.com

After all, we know the abbreviation but looking at the suggestion, I think it would be that bit more "proper" if the site address was in full ;)

I've emailed the supplier with the edit ie "UKCOUGAR.COM" (y)

I'm glad that's sorted. UKC.COM is not our site. The domain does appear to be available but if in the future someone purchases it and uses it for e.g. a programming language site or an 'adult' site, that would not be appropriate would it? :stop:
Even though UKCOUGAR.COM doesn't work at the moment, at least the club owns it and will eventually direct you to Cougar related content. (y)

I never had any contact or interaction with Chris so I have no idea what he would approve of. But what you're doing here seems to me to be fitting.

What I'd like to know though is, what will be the criteria for winning this award, who can vote on it, and who will decide it?

I never had any contact or interaction with Chris so I have no idea what he would approve of. But what you're doing here seems to me to be fitting.

What I'd like to know though is, what will be the criteria for winning this award, who can vote on it, and who will decide it?

He was an outstanding guy Chris and a pleasure to have known, everybody's friend.
We are still in discussion as to the criteria, but it isn't going to be anything specific and the voting will probably be a secret public poll ie: everybody gets a vote but nobody will know the outcome untill the close.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Email from supplier this morning confirms the edited plate and will definately be "UKCOUGAR.COM" which is what we all know and recognise (y).

We have an idea Peter but it needs a little more discussion first before we confirm it.

JJ

I think its important a decision is made by admin and tim and stuck to out of respect to Chris. The last thing we would want is a debate about it IMHO...because then I think the meaning of it could get lost along the way.

I'm sure the lads will sort something out, I have a few people who i'd put on the short list already when the voting gets started, not naming any names yet as this ain't the place.

I think its important a decision is made by admin and tim and stuck to out of respect to Chris. The last thing we would want is a debate about it IMHO...because then I think the meaning of it could get lost along the way.

seconded (y) i think that the founding member's and admin knew/know Chris and Tim more than most on here, and any decisions will be made with the greatest respect, and any debate/discussion should be done by those concerned

Surely the object is that members' vote is for somebody that has enriched their experience as a fellow member? Setting up criteria would only complicate the issue and maybe exclude some members, surely the aim is to promote the club and the memory of Chris?. Some people may have physically helped, or given advice on here, made somebody laugh, contributed over a long period, or be a new member that has a nice car, provide parts to other members, perform a selfless act incognito, the permutations are endless. Most people contribute something to the club, it's just a question of what they have done to enrich somebody else's experience.

Exactly what we are aiming for Richard it's to do with the spirit of the club rather than the car someone owns or one specific experience.

The aim is the recipient is over the forum as a whole thought of in the way Chris was.

JJ