The wifes big gay pink VW camper..............with flowers!!

angelman

Well-known user
Well I know a few of you expressed interest into just what the hell im on about when i talk about pink campervans....well :LOL:

Debbie (the wife) has always wanted a campervan, last autumn we went out to Lowestoft and bought a 1976 Bay that needed a bit of work doing to her, wheel arch's and a few patch's welding on here and there mainly (Deb's, said straight away, "ooh, you can do all that on your days off!" :evil:

Anyway, we eventually took it off the road and started work on her (the van not the Mrs)
Had the wheel arch's delivered and so out came the disk cutter and welder and i got to work.

The following pictures are the story of how a nice Ivy green Dub got turned into what is now, a big gay pink love bug :LOL: :LOL:

The camper when we picked her up
van1.jpg

newly re conned 1600cc engine
van3.jpg

passenger side arch before
P1020625.jpg

during
P1020627.jpg

afterwards
P1020630.jpg

Drivers side arch
P1020645.jpg

P1020647.jpg

P1020649.jpg

Then after Xmas it was into the body shop for a bit of patching up and a good rub down.

P1030054.jpg

P1030055.jpg

P1030056.jpg

P1030057.jpg

P1030058.jpg

Introducing Betsy Boo!!

P1030305.jpg

P1030306.jpg

P1030307.jpg

P1030308.jpg

P1030309.jpg

Hope this now gives you an insight into why i seem to be having gay tendencies :?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Let me know what you think of her, im sure the wife would love to know opinions. :wink:

Were still doing the interior and arguing over what sort of games console will be going in it.....along with the size of flat screen TV (kully, it'l dwarf the size of your screen!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Does she want a pink Cougar to match the van? :eek:

Personally, I think I'd have sprayed the van black and had all the windows tinted dark smoke. A stealth camper. :eek: If nothing else, to keep prying eyes out and keep your games consoles and screens out of sight of temptation of scum.

We have lots of cupboard space in her so most stuff will be out the way.
the windows will get smoked, more than likely will get my car done at the same time and hopefully save a few pennies :wink:

theirs still loads to do on the outside yet though, she wants a new wheel cover, either alloys or new chromed disks.
we have just recieved a chrome side step and a twin exit exhaust will also be going on, along with chrome bumpers to add even more bling 8)

and my car still aint finished :evil:

A proper girly wagon!! and not a sign of rusty mesh!!

Nice work bobby boy :wink:

Camper....? CAMPER!?!?! Camper than a field full of pink tents at a graham Norton appreciation festival more like!! :eek:

*Falls off chair and Wets self laughing* :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Larry T said:

Yeah you tell him you man....

Bob you'll have to wash your camper van with a Brillo pad to be as manly as Laurence. Oh, and get rid of the wife - that's so gay..... :roll:

Stupid boy Larry!

P.S. Bob you didn't answer my question! Was that your own welding? It's really good! 8)

Pink isn't my colour, but i think that you've done an awesome job on Betsy Boo Bob 8) :D
And I'm sure that Debbie is the kind of bubbly person that can carry the colour & Daisey's off very well..................She did marry you, which says it all really!! :roll:

I hope you have many happy miles & loads of fun in Betsy Boo Debbie :D

jamie_duff said:
Larry T said:

Yeah you tell him you man....

Bob you'll have to wash your camper van with a Brillo pad to be as manly as Laurence. Oh, and get rid of the wife - that's so gay..... :roll:

Stupid boy Larry!

Says he who only recently has taken ownership of a car that's more suited to a hairdresser's secretary :p :wink:

Lovely flowers bob, did you paint them yourself? :LOL: Nah, seriously, looks great!

(P.S Larry - The mx is my flipping car you dimbo!!!! :roll: :roll: btw, what would you know about hairdressers?? Its not like you've ever been to one! )

:D Nice Job bob, so you do know what your'e doing :LOL: :LOL: It's good to see a man that can handle his own femininity :wink:

:wink: I told ya Dave anything can look good in Pink if the right right thing is done Bobby is living evidence. :LOL: