This week i have mostly been.................

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
.....prepping and spraying some bits for one of our members ST200 Mondeo :idea: Almost done!
Side skirts:
IMAG0001.jpg

Fog light cowels and jacking point covers:
IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

WADDAYA mean :nonod: - feel like I've been stabbed through the heart :sad:

aaah, sorry Iain matey, you know i can't say NO :LOL:

Mate, he only knows how to do one colour...Frosty Silver!!! lol :LOL::LOL:

I'll have you know that's Diamond White :yesnod: :LOL:

Nice job Al, but i bet i know who'll get roped into fitting them lol

So do i Tony :ihih: so do I!
Is that the standard rsap bodykit?

Whats one of them? :confused: I don't know Jimmy, i only painted it :wink5:

aaah, sorry Iain matey, you know i can't say NO :LOL:

I'll have you know that's Diamond White :yesnod: :LOL:

So do i Tony :ihih: so do I!

Whats one of them? :confused: I don't know Jimmy, i only painted it :wink5:

You mean that's what you were drinking at the time Al...lol :LOL::LOL:

Seriously though Al, how easy is it to fit a bodykit once it's all painted? Something I'm toying with for next years budget :ihih:

I found it very easy Tim. I had never fitted one before either. The secret, like most jobs is preparation. Mark everything out before you stick anything on. Tape the kit on to check it looks ok. When you know its right, re-mark it, pipe the bonding adhesive on and stick it together. Tape it all up until its secure :idea:
Thimpelth (y)

...we're always here to help matey (y)

I found it very easy Tim. I had never fitted one before either. The secret, like most jobs is preparation. Mark everything out before you stick anything on. Tape the kit on to check it looks ok. When you know its right, re-mark it, pipe the bonding adhesive on and stick it together. Tape it all up until its secure :idea:
Thimpelth (y)

...we're always here to help matey (y)

Dupery Super Al, thanks. Always wondered how they were attached - I remember in the old days of the Orion and Sierra you had to screw a rail to the underneath of the sills and then clip the bodykit to it. The bonding sounds a much simpler idea. I will see what next year brings and see if the budget will stretch that far...:ihih:

Seriously though Al, how easy is it to fit a bodykit once it's all painted? Something I'm toying with for next years budget :ihih:

depends onthe quality of the kit, offer it up first and make sure it fits where it should !
then remove it, paint it and refit, i see yours is black, so base coat and 2k lacquer, just done my bonnet, didn't use ebony basecoat, used black ral2005 , perfect match ! :smilewinkgrin:

plenty of lacquer give you something to polish, if it gets inclusionsin it !

god i sound like a painter !:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

depends onthe quality of the kit, offer it up first and make sure it fits where it should !
then remove it, paint it and refit, i see yours is black, so base coat and 2k lacquer, just done my bonnet, didn't use ebony basecoat, used black ral2005 , perfect match ! :smilewinkgrin:

plenty of lacquer give you something to polish, if it gets inclusionsin it !

god i sound like a painter !:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alot of my car needs respraying - bonnet, rear bumper and need to have the bl**dy dent taken out of the rear wheel arch and then needs blowing into the door and frong wing. I don't want to think about it at the moment - as means spending a lot of dosh! :sad: