Time to start cutting her up !

should get together with sabre on that one with the mad ideas you 2 seam to come up with you could end up with some totally unique and possibly tastey

Why is the name Parnelli Jones coming into my head whilst reading this? Was he not a big star of yesteryear who had a car rebuilt for him on a TV show too?

Your talking about the "Wrecks to Riches USA" where Barry White's Speed Shop built a replica Mercury Marauder stock car and got Parnelli Jones to sign it. He also did one for Dan Gurney too - see the following links:

http://turbo.discovery.com/wrecks-to-riches/episode/episode-2.html

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/auto/wrecks-to-riches-videos-playlist.htm#video-14038

An air dam on the front will look ridiculous in my opinion. The front of the Cougar isnt square so it will look very out of place. Id go for one of the redesigned bumpers if i were you.
Be careful though, just because its unique doesnt mean its good.

Thanks for that bit of history mate. I know about the Cougars, remember bonds girl drives one in OHMSS. Didn't know about that Trans-Am story though so cheers for that.

I had an idea for a front spliter like you see on the jap racers held on with the metal stabelizer legs, not to everyones taste either.

Since getting mine i cant get it out off my head about spaying it a matt colour always been a fan off old hot rods and the salt lake racers lowered with moon dics on the wheels . Going to play with photoshop first but the feeling is strong .

Purple Scott, Spend some time browsing the american NECO (New Edge Cougar Owners) club, there is a matt black cougar doing the rounds on there, if it helps.

Hello Guys,
yea I know what you mean purplescotty, I love cars in thier Bone Primer colours "grey" although a red oxide primer looks cool on a 3 window 34 coupe,
not sure it would suite a Cougar ! but then again..................with moon disks.....mmmm

I really like the idea of doing my cat in a mid to dark Grey, black the wheels and lower it.

all the best,

Barry.

Hello all,

been thinking about this for a long time now, Infact I wanted to do it to my first Cougar.

I love the Colour of the Bud Moore Team Trans-am Racing Cougars of the 60's

the Red over the Silver would look nice on the New Edge Cougar by following the contours of the Modern Car,

Im seeing a guy this weekend to price up the Paint and the use of his Pray Booth so I can Repaint My Cougar !

Im thinking............SOD IT ! im gonna go for it. Paint the new Cogar to look like the Old Cougar.

I have £2500 to play with so I am going to do some colour mods on paper first to see what it will look like.

in my Budget I will need to paint it, Vynil Graphics, lower it,Goodyear Eagle F1's all round, new double stainless exaust, which acording to the guy who built my last one, reckons I can have them Exiting from each
side of the car just in front of the rear wheels.
"I have seen this done on some Cougars in America.looks good and sounds bloody great !"
and I may go as far as to strip the Intirior out "including the back seats as they dont get used !"
this will rid the car of some weight. and Ihave a lot of "Aircraft Grade Ally Sheet"
to Cover the inner doors
and some of the Intirior.

How ever....Price.
first I will cost everything up. the only thing Icant do is the Exuast, however he's a good friend and last time it cost £450 cash,
and it was a fantastic Exaust !

everything else I can do myself so the cost will be kept down.
just have to start planning which line the red paint will follow on that new shape.

this is going to be a lot of fun !

not to every ones taste, so I apolagise to anyone in advance who Aint gonna like it !

but it will be diffrent !

ill post some drawings of the Paint change of the cougar soon to give you an Idea,

All the best for now.

Barry.

DSC00792.jpg

67cougartransamred2.jpg

Sounds good mate. From reading your posts, the 'old skool' thing is obviously your passion, good on you for going with it and defying convention. I for one am looking forward to seeing the finished article. Two questions: 1) Is that a pillar box red or more of a burnt orange as it appears to be in the picture? 2) Are you going for the full on race graphics and numbers?

Great ideas, i like the first pic the best as does my wife and im led to believe she is always right... or so she keeps telling me ;)