Timing chain or belt?

gerito

Forum user
Sep 15, 2010
spain
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST COUGAR AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT HAS A TIMINIG CHAIN NOT A BELT. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME PLEASE. IF IT IS A BELT, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY A REPLACEMENT THAT SHIP TO SPAIN.
CHEERS:beer: GERITO

Someone said i should change the belt (before they knew it was a chain) but does it not have to be done if it is a chain?

Cheers

Someone said i should change the belt (before they knew it was a chain) but does it not have to be done if it is a chain?

Cheers
Come 2012, the year of some unknown holocaust that will wreak total destruction of all known life on this planet, as we know it................& far beyond, to a time when humanity exists aboard distant spacecraft & have colonised or terraformed distant planets...............................the chain on your coog should still be fine bud.(y)

haha, its just someone told me that you need to get them done before they break or your car is a goner! But he was talking about a timing belt, not a chain so i thought id double check.

Come 2012, the year of some unknown holocaust that will wreak total destruction of all known life on this planet, as we know it................& far beyond, to a time when humanity exists aboard distant spacecraft & have colonised or terraformed distant planets...............................the chain on your coog should still be fine bud.(y)

...as soon as that! :cry:.........:LOL:

haha, its just someone told me that you need to get them done before they break or your car is a goner! But he was talking about a timing belt, not a chain so i thought id double check.

Yep, as a rough guide the chain will live as long as the car, or vice-versa o_O
The belt fitted to the zetec on average will be changed/renewed 3 times in the cars lifetime. :beer:

Adam, I think you'll find it's VERY rare for the chain to go, as was stated(y)........................you've prob got more chance of winning the Lottery than your chain breaking...............& IF you do, remember the helpful people that answered your questions & offered free advice on your car...................ESPECIALLY if their user name begins with the letter S.:)