What are you reading today.

I have very personal interest in Putins war on Ukraine.
Russia has long wanted the fertile ground that is Ukraine, the present war is not new..
If you have any interest in the history this should be on your reading list.
It is NOT an easy read. Now seemed a good time to re read this, it is a very well researched book, one we should all be aware of. image.jpg

I have very personal interest in Putins war on Ukraine.
Russia has long wanted the fertile ground that is Ukraine, the present war is not new..
If you have any interest in the history this should be on your reading list.
It is NOT an easy read. Now seemed a good time to re read this, it is a very well researched book, one we should all be aware of. View attachment 25335

Whilst I am no great reader, this is just the sort of book my Wife would choose. Thanks for the tip, late Christmas present ordered....

Reactions: mabo
Itā€™s good to hear Iā€™ve inspired someone to read it Foobar. Hopefully both of you will learn something, I trust Mrs Foobar will share at least some of the history.
I have read #11 as you suggested Foobar, it is now on my bookshelf, Iā€™ll read it again at some point.

Speaking of inspiration. I noticed this in a local Charity bookshop on Friday. Inspired by #?? Well I thought it was recommended here but maybe not.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Itā€™s good to hear Iā€™ve inspired someone to read it Foobar. Hopefully both of you will learn something, I trust Mrs Foobar will share at least some of the history.
I have read #11 as you suggested Foobar, it is now on my bookshelf, Iā€™ll read it again at some point.

Speaking of inspiration. I noticed this in a local Charity bookshop on Friday. Inspired by #?? Well I thought it was recommended here but maybe not.
View attachment 26232

Yes, indeed. #11 is a perfect example of where she had read the book and then told me the story. I wish she would read my briefing notes, reports and planning apps with the same enthusiasm !
Post automatically merged:

Here btw, is a book I thought she would like, but 'the jury is still out' so to speak. Tbh, she says it was 'a bit hard going', that was a year or so back now.
I notice there are plenty of SH copies on eBay for sale at reasonable prices, so perhaps she is not alone in that. It doesn't appear to have been posted here before, so here's a pic....

Churchills Shadow.jpg

Churchills Shadow- back.jpg

Last edited:
It does sound heavy going. I might need to give that a miss, unless itā€™s Ā£2.00 to a worthy cause in a local charity shop.

Being back on my old home patch for a few days enabled me to visit my favourite bookshop in Ledbury - some bargain WW1 titles, although Liev seems more interested in what's going on in the kitchen......
IMG_20240326_164756.jpg

Reactions: martw80888