What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

I haven't been keeping up, but I'm so glad to see you back my old friend.

Not because I need anything - you actually taught me to be more independen!t - but because you're the absolute spirit of this club.

I wish you and your family all the best nd look forward to seeing you someime.

Reactions: shirtyzeus
Interesting!
I find that if I use Shell super unleaded in my bike it really stinks the garage out when it vents out a little through the tank cap vent - utterly awful plus I don’t get the same mileage per tank as I do with ESSO or BP Super so yup, I guess all fuels are not the same!
I did fill up the Cougar once with Super Unleaded (pure decadence) and whilst I didn’t feel any difference regarding the power, I got nearly 30 more miles from the tank (I always take note of my actual mpg per tank - makes my wife roll her eyes more than usual 🙃)

I liked the bit about the chemistry of fuels, looks pretty clear that it can't give the same power, but of course, we rarely use maximum power for very long. Therefore, we perhaps have to put our feet that bit further to the floor when cruising and use more fuel to cover the same distance...

Reactions: HogMonster
I always put super unleaded in with the odd bottle of Redex, she runs a lot sweeter and gives me more mpg! Not that that’s important to me as I’ve got rather a heavy right foot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HogMonster
I haven't been keeping up, but I'm so glad to see you back my old friend.

Not because I need anything - you actually taught me to be more independen!t - but because you're the absolute spirit of this club.

I wish you and your family all the best nd look forward to seeing you someime.
heh...ive not been here much either tbh ,but only cause things are manic here at the mo..

u know me mate...ive a garage full of stuff....u ever need anything including me im in there too :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :unsure:

Reactions: Mako
I put £50 in the fuel tank. It’s months since I put fuel in either car. She was down into the last 1/8th on the gauge when she started misfiring whilst driving up hill.
Fortunately she coughed her way to the top then it’s down hill or level all the way the petrol station. Anyone else noticed fuel starvation uphill ?
Yes had the same issue twice, the first time it slowed to about 4mph had to put the hazard lights on, just about got to the top of a hill then it picked up as normal going down the other side.
Post automatically merged:

ive just fitted this today to suzi...came from the USA..View attachment 19306
Fitted one myself, it's a very lovely badge 😀

Yes had the same issue twice, the first time it slowed to about 4mph had to put the hazard lights on, just about got to the top of a hill then it picked up as normal going down the other side.
Post automatically merged:

Fitted one myself, it's a very lovely badge 😀
yea i love the blue in it.....just hope it lasts, ive sealed the back of it up as i noticed melinas mercury badge had corroded on the back and made a mess to the silver bits when i took it off.

Reactions: The Amazon
yea i love the blue in it.....just hope it lasts, ive sealed the back of it up as i noticed melinas mercury badge had corroded on the back and made a mess to the silver bits when i took it off.
I did put a flexible chrome trim around mine but had to replace it twice as it goes brittle, when it went in for paint I removed the trim and afterwards decided it looked better without out it.

I see your Ford badge did the same as mine - chipped paint all around the edge probably from vibrations. Don't worry it looks fine though just an observation when zooming in

I see your Ford badge did the same as mine - chipped paint all around the edge probably from vibrations. Don't worry it looks fine though just an observation when zooming in
yea its like its eaten into it...i even sanded and polished at it and its still there...maby some paint will sort it.

Reactions: David`
Nice one Paul. I've not seen one of those for a long time. I did have one for a spell on S97.
This morning I managed to heave myself out of bed with a backache from hell (forgot my painkillers last night). Sat suffering with a cuppa and a bowl of cheerios🙄 then knocked the idea of doing any fence work today on the head, decided to cure myself by hobbling into the cave and taking DG out for a good long drive to blow some cobwebs away. Slowly picking up speed on local private speedway 😕 vibrations at 50...60...70 applied brake, back to 70, applied brake, back to 40 then floored it to,.. I'll just say I went a teensy bit faster. Seems that cured it, either sticky pads or rust on disks. She has been stood some time. Fixed my back as well. 😉

Yesterday with a month to go before my MOT I Finally ordered two rear tyres (Avon 225 ). Just removed the wheels and found one of the pair is still very legal. The other lost a corner years ago due to poor tracking on the front so it got moved to the back and has been commented on in many MOTs.
I also checked the rear pads and found that’s why the pad warning level had lit up on the overhead console. Passenger side calipers now removed. The torx head bolts came off fairly painlessly but maybe it’s time they were changed, Finis no or bolts anyone ? Pads are def shot, the lining fell off one whilst I was prizing it out of the calipers. I now need to get one of those tools to wind the piston back in. Both calipers could do with some TLC too.

Thank you Mr Quicksilver, I knew you’d be poised with the info available. Dandamano may have some but in all honesty I think I’d prefer the torx head so long at its Ford rather than copy made of cheese.