What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

Looking good! Is the Cougar head cross-hatch grill a C2 one?
no its a modified c1 ford grill
i dremmel out the oval ford backing and then cut up a second spare grill and plastic weld in the cross hatch and stick the new badge to it..
just too difficult to get the proper US one and half the time they arrive in bits.
Post automatically merged:

I do like the blue number plate plinth.
thanks..lots of sanding to get the texture out then multiple coats of plastic primer..i also put a backing behind it so it dont climb the bumper when its leant on.
gotta get a new number plate tho..they advised on it at the mot :rolleyes:

has anyone else noticed how the wax from drive through car washes seems to cause this??
tillys headlight were like new when i got her and i noticed them starting to get a slight cloud to them particulary on the top half like this after a couple of times through the wash, it polished off easy tho..

Looking much better. Glad to see that car is still in the club as well
Thanks, I love the car already😀
Post automatically merged:

has anyone else noticed how the wax from drive through car washes seems to cause this??
tillys headlight were like new when i got her and i noticed them starting to get a slight cloud to them particulary on the top half like this after a couple of times through the wash, it polished off easy tho..
Interesting, I'll keep an eye on that

I'll never use any kind of chain or fast fit centre. The clue is in the name - they're 'fitters', not mechanics (although the first part of that is an insult to actual fitters), and the whole idea of doing it fast usually turns out to mean 'rushed and uncaring'.
All people need to do is ask a bit of advice to find someone more local and personal who can be trusted.
When I moved down here, the supposedly useful 'Good Garage Scheme' website led me to a place that virtually charged main dealer prices.
Now after a bit of asking around, our cars go to a father and son in an old railway shed, there's more junk in it than Steptoes yard, I'm not sure even if the patriarch can read or write, but they know what they're doing, do what they say when they say they'll do it and charge what I consider reasonable rates. Sorted.
The old boy Jeth in bugle used to be a really good mechanic opposite the bed shop

Reactions: backseateducation
On my last MOT, my dude told me that I had nothing to worry about, but that he wanted me to keep an eye on my rear brake lines where they pass above the rear subframe and come around the chassis tub.

I went under her back end today and they still look factory clean as far as I can see. The subframe itself is scabby, but solid as a rock, ("If you don;t trust me to lift it there, it has no business being on the car").

Just about the only thing on Wildcat that I'm scratching my beard over is the fuel flller/breather. But it's only the lower part that is of any concern in my mind.

MOT isn't due until 05/01/2022 but I'm going to get it done early December. And if I can't get an immedate pass its not the worst. She is incedibly solid and it will only be the parts cannon that needs to be fired if she fails.

Reactions: dandamano
In my case I’ve continued to clear floor space in the garage and put the battery on charge in prep to move her indoors.
Good luck with the MOT mako.

Thanks guys. What I should be clear about is that in the unlikely event Wildcat fails her test, it's literally going to be parts. There is absolutely no question around structural integrity that I know of.