What I did today!

Did a couple of shell swaps in my early days, you should have seen the pile of bits!!!:yikes::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Any spares left over Tony?
thwasntme.gif

Ok i'm gone
bolt.gif

'Holy ****' is what I said when I saw those pics. It must take an amazing level of confidence to do a strip out like that. I worry about taking the wheels off and putting them back on properly lol

I dunno - its not so hard taking things apart - its putting them back together thats the hard bit!!!!!:D

You know what curiosity is like "mmm I wonder how this thing works, I'll take it apart......." You just know it will never work again!!!:LOL::LOL:

Tell me about it ive just taken my gear box apart to install a short shfter here, now trying to get the bloody spring thing back to its original position lol

The guy I got the interior from has posted me the n/s vent I forgot to take! I bunged him a tenner for his trouble, no mention of the missing headlight either he must not have realised I nicked it! I did ask Trev Porter to quote me for this in case I got sussed and he quoted me ?ú26.72 delivered. But said delivery would be approx 10 days as he would have to order from the states as there is no stock in the UK!
I have fitted the C2 rear seats and fitted the front seatbelts I took from the C2 as mine were fraying (141k miles wear and tear), but I didn't replace the rear quarter cards as they interlock with the trims around the rear quarter window pillars and are a bit fiddely. On fitting the C2 rear seats I realised that I should have done the rear quarter cards as the pinhole pattern is finer on the C2, but I will live with it as I would need remove the rear seats again to change the quarter cards! I've fitted the n/s door card and am now stalling on the o/s card as I'm looking at fitting an auto window closeup module and need some help on defining which trigger wire is best to use? So tomorrow if I don't have the answer I will fit the front seats and start on the dash panels. While doing the dash I'm going to do Alan's earth mod on the dimmer switch backlight and I'm going to look at a mod for the cruise control light on the st200 dials. I have the C2 dials to study for this mod as Mano's has already confirmed this light is working on his. I will do a 'how to' once sussed, using the spare 'sidelights on' light which arn't used on our Cougars.

I like the look of the C2 seats better than the C1's, but I have to admit that my old C1 interior is in better condition than the new C2 interior I've bought. I think this is down to the previous owner had his bloody dog in the car (white hairs everywhere, along with many scratches on the leather!).

I have a set of C2 white dials (showing 47820 miles) up for grabs if anyone is interested and I will include the white background heater/ac/light switches with them as I'm sticking with the C1 black backgrounds due to my st200 dials being blue. PM me any serious offers, as I'm thinking of ebaying them as I reckon they will fetch a decent price?

Will post some pic's up tomorrow if progress allows!

Cheers

Ste

Ste just so u know i removed and refitted my rear quarter cards with ease without removing the rear seats when i changed the inserts to the carbon fibre ones.

Be interesting to see the finished pics Ste, your right about the C2 seats leather being different though, it looks a bit shineyer than the C1 stuff, that must account for the scratches.