What to do with these?

bigc23

Well-known user
Jun 15, 2010
Suffolk
Just got these in from the US, they must have accidentally sent it internationally instead of shipping it to my Fiance's house but im not complaining :D Just wanted to see what you guys think of them and where they would look good going. Also where can i get the sticky stuff i need from? in the second photo it shows there is a grove on the back that will need to have the sticky stuff in to make it flat, im gonna file down the excess left off the metal pins. Pretty sure these were off the old 80's Cougar :D Retro :)

4973826024_cb2d1fa00f.jpg

4973208447_f632a8bd85.jpg

Yea lol.

Im liking them to especially as they were only about £4 and they are metal not plastic so thumbs up :D

Any ideas where to put em? i was thinking under the side indicators maybe?

IIRC Chris they would have originally been fitted on the B or C pillars.
There was a debate a short time ago when someone else was deciding where to put something similar and I think the general concensus was they looked a bit lost on the C pillar.

clear silicone will do it...tape it in place till set.. wipe off excess while still wet. if i put these on outer they would be gone in half an hour so i put mine on the side vents

Thanks for that mate, where would one be able to pick up some clear silicone?

Halfords, B&Q, homebase, wickes, focus, builders merchants , plumbers merchant, decorators merchants, car spares shop, wilkinson, ebay, nick some off a carpenter, google "where can i buy clear silicone" :)

I think thats where mine will go :) im a little worried about using tape though as, you can see on the back of the emblems there is a grove all the way round so how would the tape attach securely in there?

I think thats where mine will go :) im a little worried about using tape though as, you can see on the back of the emblems there is a grove all the way round so how would the tape attach securely in there?

I cut the tape down to fit inside the groove and then added a second lot of tape (on top) cut to shape. Mine fits a treat and doesn't come off when jet washing the car. Make sure the wing is clean of any contaminates before applying. Also make sure you file down those 3 little lugs you can see on the underneath as if they go through the tape they may scratch the paintwork. I filed mine right down.

If you are worried about them falling off, use Tiger Seal, also available in Halfrauds or any good car spares outlet.

Yes, but the only issue with that is Dick, is if he ever changes his mind and wants to take them off, he'll pull the paint off with them and possibly damage the wings. At least with 3M tape or similar, he can always remove them at a later date if needed.

Silicon, tigerseal, silkaflex, or any other bonding adhesive will do the job, and if you do ever need to remove it at a later date, providing the paintwork is sound, it won't damage it. You just need to peel it carefully then use a spirit to remove the residue. Just steer clear of Superglue :cry: