2010's mods already in the pipeline

Well I cleared out my cuboard in the garage and found half a can of the metalic grey paint the wheels are painted in and some clear laquer, so thats the wheels sorted (when it stops raining :() and that should be it for this year i think

Wheel Re-spray

Well I said I'd try and get the wheels sorted (hopefully before Castle Combe) so here goes.

Needed to remove all the remaining evidence of the Existing FORD badges from the center caps first.
DSC02840.jpg

Easyer said than done :oops:
DSC02843.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02849.jpg

See what I mean (above)
Then I tried to use some Kniffing Stopper putty to cover the badges and make the area look flush.....I say tried as I made a right hash of it all :oops:
DSC02850.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

A bit of a bodge job...but not to worry, sanded them down and sprayed them up with some primer first then a couple of coats of Graphite Grey Metalic.....It doesn't mater that it sn't spectacular as I've got some of Uncle Alans stickers to go on the centers so hopefully you wont notice.....even though I've just told everyone ;) (which I will prevent from removal with some clear laquer)
DSC02852.jpg

DSC02853.jpg

Now at the same time I started on the rims too, were the old bang on weights had been when I 1st sprayed the wheels.
DSC02841.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

I also had a go at the face were i'd scratched it
DSC02847.jpg

My earlyer repair work looks a little shoddy now a couple of years down the line (I hit a kerb and gouged a big chunk out of the wheel)
DSC02842.jpg

I did start to mask the wheels up to spray the rims etc. however its started raining BIG style so will have to try that another day (the wheels need a bloody good clean)
DSC02854.jpg

So thats it for the time being.

I wish I had a Garage this would be so much easier.....o_O

Matt, I think you'd better rub down and start again mate. Al's stickers are not going to hide that texture plus you're probably going to have a job making them stick without a smooth surface to begin with. There will be too much air underneath so water will lift them as soon as it rains.

Well contrary to my above post I've finished what I wanted to do to the wheels, I'm just fed up of the weather taking pressident and stopping me doing what I want to do. (lake of time/tools/energy/patience is my problem) :(
Anyway I mounted the decals AL had done for me (last year I might add) and they look ok, but god are the Cougar heads hard to fit without getting kinks in the outside ring...!!:stop:
See what you think......Its about time I invested in some decent 18's, but as you all know
"moneys too tight to mention"
DSC02857..jpgDSC02858..jpgDSC02859..jpg

Couple more images from today after about two hours of cleaning and polishing for Castle combe ;) (Two weeks away) ...as I've said elswhere, no mater how much time you spend cleaning a frosty and polishing it, it still looks the same :LOL:
DSC02862..jpgDSC02861..jpg

Looking better Matt - but mate, when taking pic's...but the damned wipers down! lol :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
They are wiskers :LOL: ...I hadn't stopped at the time and was just trying to catch the sun (its a lot better today)

Cheers Sabre, they do look eye-catching, its a shame they are not like Rolls Royce ones though that stay the same way up no mater what way around the wheels are, I allways seam to stop with them upside down ;)