2010's mods already in the pipeline

ginja

Well-known user
Sep 20, 2004
Atherstone, North Warwickshire
Now do I put this in this section or the Wheels, Tyres, Brakes section ;)

Decided to get one of next years mods started today, Re-painting the brake calipers in RED, been thinking of doing this for a while now, the Blue ones didn't stand out enough, or go with my colour scheme.

Not gonna bore you with the how-to's, sufice to say it was a bit tricky as I had to jack the car up on the road using the FORD jack, then turn the car round to do the other side. Have used the same Hammerite RED paint I used on the engine.
Front Caliper (Drivers side)
DSC02363.jpg

Rear Caliper (drivers side)
DSC02366.jpg

Found a nice SCREW in my brand new Rear Drivers side tyre :incazzato:
DSC02365.jpg

1/2 finished for the moment, will need another coat tomorrow.
DSC02367.jpg

Looking good there Matt, although personally I think yellow calipers would have looked the business on your Coug mate :yesnod:

Looks good Matt. However you want to be careful not to paint those wires that keep the calipers floating in place as they keep brake pad wear even. A few members have painted them and had excessively uneven wear, and i lost mine and my redstuffs were braking very unevenly too.

So when are you coming to sunny Bolton for the 4x4 treatment;). audi s4 cabriolet indeed!. Why have a burger when you can have steak.

So when are you coming to sunny Bolton for the 4x4 treatment;). audi s4 cabriolet indeed!. Why have a burger when you can have steak.
I think both ideas are when i get my 6 numbers come up mate :LOL:...although give it a year or two and I might channge my mind, probably keeping this car for another 5yrs the way its going.:ihih:

Looks good Matt. However you want to be careful not to paint those wires that keep the calipers floating in place as they keep brake pad wear even. A few members have painted them and had excessively uneven wear, and i lost mine and my redstuffs were braking very unevenly too.
I might need new discs or pads soon anyway get a bit of a judder on braking :skep: ...warped discs maybe

Last edited:
matt i got a set of rear discs genuine ford ones on ebay for a tenner when iam back on my pc will post link for you the seller has auctioned a few of these and all sold about the tenner mark