Al's Wish.

Had a mission on today, while the others sorted through a lot of the stuff in the garage and sheds, i helped go through one of the spare rooms, (Al's project room/mancave) hoping i've saved all the components of AP Grafix.
Gonna be a lot to get my head round, but will see.
Was really pleased that his family really want all the Cougars to follow his in saying farewell to both Al and Vonny, which seemed to be the general consensus, being as only a few were allowed that privilege thanks to covid.
Think Andy and Dave will be cataloguing for a while, so keep an eye out.

I must say tho, however many times i get asked to do this after someone has left this world.............it never gets any easier.
It's always going to be a tough one either way, but knowing that it's helping their family, both families (relatives and club family) is what it's about for me, cos i know Al and Vonny would have been watching today and saying ya silly daft boogers!

They wanted those who appreciate what they're sorting through, so nothing goes in the wrong place and that it'll help others............

I'm proper done in, and i've still got half a van to unload tomorrow...........

Thank you Tony, and everyone else who has taken the time to help organise Al's estate in lne with his wishes so far.

Things like APGraffix and his 3D printing operations were key yet tangential to UKCougar, so it's interesting to see the way they're going and how the family are approaching their future.

Not sure how it will end but if there's anything I can do to help the club or his legacy. I will always be glad to.

Hope you guys got on ok today
All good thanks,Tony. (y)
Everything we thought might be of use is now either with Dave and you, with Lisa and Lee or myself.

Many thanks to all who helped in what was really an onerous task; sorting through Al's belongings knowing that he'd once 'put that there for such and such' or 'left that over there just in case' and he'd been the last person to actually handle the tools and spares we found in 'The Cave', the sheds and dotted around the house.
l'm sure we've done Al and his memory proud by doing what we've done and have certainly made his family happy as they are now safe in the knowledge that Al's intention of passing his stuff on to his other 'family' have come to fruition.

That's a HUGE ask. What Al did for us with the graphcs was done just over cost (as far as I can tell) and taking it on would be quite extraordinary.

Frankly I'll be happy to support it in whatever way I can.

::edit:: Sorry - once again I responded to not-the-last post in a thread.

I’ve done this with family at our parents house. We laughed, we cried, we reminisced. I left with a 4 draw chest in the back of the Cougar. ( “ You won’t fit that in your car !” I did and still use it. )
I imagine it’s even harder to do when it’s a non family but you all know Pid, better than I, he is a big part of this club.
I wish I could have been involved but the mileage was just too great.
I am fortunate to have a piece of Pid vinyl work on the side of my car. He printed a Cougar head logo to mask a scratch I inflicted. It was supposed to be a temporary fix, Hell I wish he’d signed it now. I can’t help wondering if it was the last print he did, around 3 months ago.
The guy was clearly a much loved Gent.

For the little value it offers my thanks to you for the time effort and cost you have invested. I have the greatest respect and admiration of you all.
I‘ve just seen the pics of S600GAR. I like ‘em standard but that’s a beauty. Nice one Al. (y)

Last edited:
Well spotted Mako, it was very intentional.

I knew it was. I'm familiar with your posting style and it absolutely stood out to me as a clear intention.

Everything that Al ever did and everything that he ever posted to help? It remains here. It will help in years to come. We should all hope to have such a legacy.

Remembering Chris (Warthog) at this time too for the same reason.

Bit of a long shot but was the Roush kit fitting instructions that Al had amongst the stuff that was collected?
He did post pics on here but they're not readable when printed out.