• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Camping details and booking confirmation for Grendon Lakes

The biggest advantage at Grendon over our last venue is drainage is much better with lots of hardcore designed to drain it away, fingers crossed we have a dry week down there and the ground drains. Having been there in bad weather before the camping area always stays pretty firm so fingers crossed.

JJ

52193ea5-853a-5e54.jpg

If that's anywhere near it doesn't look like they'll be in for a dry week!

We always get a storm, usualy when Rich B arrives to set his tent, so nothing new there.
Those images, are they the field we are in or the one on the other side of the road were caravans park? There is that big drainage ditch (were the corsa/astra took a swim) by our field so that should cope with a fair bit of water.
Suppose we could just phone up and ask them how it is. Found them on facebook now if thats worth checking out.

I'll call Monday Matt, I don't think any of those images are the camping field apart from the parked cars by wooden posts. The field itself has drainage on all four sides which are deep so it only needs the river to drop and I reckon it'll drain well.

I will phone Lucy Monday too see how it's looking amazing the difference 48 hours can make.

JJ

we were on Frankie lake field. it did have standing water in the dips but to be honest wasn't too bad at the top end, but the entrance was badly churned and getting in was hard, getting out easier as it was down hill (picture with the silver 4x4 in). the other fields had at least a foot of water. Pack your flipflops in any case

Cheers dude, I reckon if the week ahead doesn't throw too much rain at the place we should be fine. appreciate the effort of the pictures though thank you.

JJ

Richb, looks like we wont have needed the plastic or any water to have a funslide :LOL: , but it does mean the airbed will glide over the surface a bit quicker , (softer landing for kully) o_O:bomb::bomb::bomb:

looks like the fun n games will include the water olympics,

runs and hides

OMG..... hope the rain stops this week..... Bloomin British Summer!!!! :oops:
Will pack my mask and snorkel just incase.... lol
Oh and I don't mind sleeping in my car... I have amazingly comfy seats now - and Screens in the seat head rests.... so will make sure I pack the DVD's for film nights!!!! :) (and I don't mean the kinda film Ginge watches either!!!!)