• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 16/17th July 2022 Attendance

Okay, I've got a scheduling problem.

Work needs me up in Crewe for Weds/Thurs on an overnight That means travelling home on Thurs afternoon from Crewe, to then drive back up to Whitcurch the next day.

Booking the hotel for an additional day (so I drive from Crewe to 'Fest) would be unethical, if not fraudulent.

I literally cannot cope with doing (more or less) the same drive twice, and the train is not an option.

Wht the hell do I do? Just go with it? Or do I come up on Saturday and stay one night? what would you do in my situation please?
Chris - Have a chat with Gaynor at TC, there stands a high chance she can book the 2 nights for not much more than the one and I can help you in sorting the payment for the extra night if that’s the route you wanted (my team settle the bills :ROFLMAO:)
Alternatively, I have a static caravan in Mold you are welcome to (50min from our office) and approx 30min from Whitchurch?
Id offer for you to Kip at ours but with the loft conversion - It’s an absolute mess everywhere!

Paul, Wildcat isn't going to be a pristine show car and personally I don't think that's a problem. After all, we don't care what car you show up in at all - it's about company.

As for me? Thank you Ricky. I'm actually pretty sure that (my boss) would support it too if he understod what I wanted to do and why. I could probably spend another day/night up there? But in a previus job I've seen someone with a 6-figure salary get sacked for disguising a 60p cup of coffee as a 25p cup of tea. Even if what I was asking was reasonable, I can't afford to go there.

I think maybe I just come up on Saturday morning.

View attachment 21845
Well she is clean on the outside, brakes cleaned up of surface rust and exhaust and battery fitted, 8 years she has been sat got mould to remove on the inside tomorrow and fit rear numberplate then as far as I can tell she is ready for MOT
damn mate she looks great!
hope the mot goes well....mines due now too ,bloody hate mot day..
nice wheels....is it lowered?

i simply couldnt make it unfortunatly but i hope u guys and gals have a great time..

damn mate she looks great!
hope the mot goes well....mines due now too ,bloody hate mot day..
nice wheels....is it lowered?

i simply couldnt make it unfortunatly but i hope u guys and gals have a great time..
Looks great from a distance lol yes full eibach pro sport kit 40mm drop. Unfortunately failed MOT reluctor ring snapped on the way to MOT, also failed on rear seat belt not returning, ball joint excessive movement, braided brake line excessively stretched and parking brake efficiency below requirement and finally brake pipes all round excessively corroded. If I can get away with gently sanding the corrosion off the brake lines I should be able to get it retested in time for fest if not it’s going to be a big job replacing the lines in their entirety as I don’t think it is possible without dropping the rear subframe
Post automatically merged:

image.jpg

Odds are against it to be fair just not enough available time for the amount of work will have to see how accessible the connectors on the abs pump are with the the induction kit removed, will be a first trying it with the engine in situ lol it also doesn’t look like I can get a ball joint or replacement wishbones before the weekend either.

the good news is that it’s not that bad a list of issues for a car that’s been sat on a driveway for 8 years without a cover body is still solid with light surface rust so will need a good rub down and paint when I can spare the time

a bit of work to do then, all the brake pipes! i doubt it.. probably just the corners and the bit near the tank....rub em down and if still pitted replace with copper.. i doubt theyve rotted above the subby so just joint on to em up to the wheels if need be.
why do u need to get at the abs pump?
ive done brake lines with the fluid still in em ,keep the cap on the res and put a cover( i used a rubber glove) over it to stop it letting air in this stops the fluid running out the pipes. then just bleed the old out just b4 empty and top up and bleed fresh fluid through..did this with suzi with no issues.
if shes been sat then the park brake just needs some lube (3in1 oil) in the cables and pull the rubber boots off the backs of the caliper and shove shed loads of 3in1 oil in it then work em in..
seat belt not returning, my mondeo did this...soak it with wd40 thant sometimes works, lower ball joint can be done without too much dissasembly unless u opt to change the entire arm.
abs and stability control are the same issue, reluctor ring..if it the rear easy job...if its the front do it same time as the joint.
are the headlights gone cloudy...wd40 sprayed on them on test day will sort that beam out to get her through... or an autoglym headlight kit(found them to be better than the meguires ones)
rear light is just a bulb earth issue..take em out clean the cans and sockets should sort that..
upsetting to have a fail i know but its really not too bad....
it looks a lot but could be done on a weekend.. she looks a very tidy car.
unfortunatly i doubt u could get the parts b4 fest tho..

now if it said exessive corrosion on floorpan or seat anchorage points or holes here there an everywhere then id panic :ROFLMAO:
not a single mention of body corrosion, that a good plus for a 20+ car thats been stood.

Reactions: TopCat1127
Yes just going to try cleaning up the pipes, abs reluctor ring on the drivers side is broken so got 2 on order should be delivered today so will do both fronts rears we’re done in 2020 when I changed the rear bearings. Seems to be a shortage of wishbones available will nip down parts store on lunch to get a ball joint then get happy with the angle grinder tomorrow, had a go at cleaning the seatbelt and even rewinding the spring but to no avail so trip down to Andy’s tonight for replacement from forum stash, change bulb in tail light to fix that issue, also new bulb in headlight, stupid thing is the h7 bulb is only there for MOT as hid kit is a failure even though it gives off more light.
Access to ABS pump is to replace the brake pipes, if I’m going to replace bits I may as well do the job properly and replace the full length, it’s only time and effort I already have the pipe and connectors as it is a job that was on my to do list. I think I have been lucky with this cougar having removed all the sponges when I first got it and frequently cleaning the drain holes with a butter knife and some lube. I questioned the braided brake hose being excessively stretched as, well it’s braided steel to prevent stretch so but I can see it kinks on full lock so does look as though it’s to short will have a look at replacements

Hi guys. So looking forward to this. Just got purdy back from the body shop after a minor collision with a concrete post. Andy won't allow me near her now ha ha. I was planning on cooking a one pot heat up jobbing for anyone who fancies... probably a chilli again or maybe a stew x we are aiming for afternoon x

I'm sorry to say that I absolutely cannot be there this weekend - and Im devestated about that.

I would've worked around any issue, and as I said to someone here today it has nothing to do with the cost of petrol. It's a work problem that I can't keep on top of from a field.

It's bad, but I hope that you all can relax and have a great time. Hope to see you all again soon.

I'm sorry to say that I absolutely cannot be there this weekend - and Im devestated about that.

I would've worked around any issue, and as I said to someone here today it has nothing to do with the cost of petrol. It's a work problem that I can't keep on top of from a field.

It's bad, but I hope that you all can relax and have a great time. Hope to see you all again soon.
Aww mate absolutely gutted! Where will I get my menthol cig fix from now ha ha x

• Haha
Reactions: Mako and TopCat1127