• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2016

Definitely be up for visiting for the day, not too far, be great to meet some more of the wonderful people who help make this club a fantastic resource and have given tips how to keep my Cougar on the road despite a whole series of problems

Hi Folks,

I'm happy for Fest to be held here (we had a great local meet last year).

We would obviously have to sort out a few details, and we are already booked up for some dates this Summer.

We have facilities for camping, and other accommodation in the holiday let bungalow if required.

Let me know what people think, I don't want to push for it to be held here, but everyone is welcome if that's what folks want,

cheers,

Wil

Thanks Wil for your generous offer. (y)

Could you let us have 2 or 3 dates/weekends that are available so we can get some idea of when this might happen.

We currently have following w/e's available:

July: 1-3, 8-10
August : 5-7, 12-14, 19-21

We could offer the site at discounted rates from our normal rates (to keep it the same as say Grendon),
our site is a bit different from most in that whoever books the site gets exclusive use of all facilities, shower,firepit etc.
If enough folks (and Cougars!) want to come it maybe and idea to book the bungalow and other campsite as well.

Anyway, let me know if it maybe of interest, and any questions just ask,

cheers,

Wil

It would seem that Wil`s place is the more popular choice

If there are any dissenters please post any objections in the next few days and we will consider them

My personal opinion is that it would be nice to do something different but at the end of the day I would like to think that we are a democracy and the final decision will be yours not mine

(We do not need any more positive votes to confuse the thread)

As a new member to this I'd defiantly attend. I've got 2 of the old girls at the moment. C2 auto that I've taken all interior out and put into 1998 V6. Iv spent loads on them, and the idea of having a look at others and what they've had done etc would be great. And buying and selling etc on the weekend show would be a bonus. Whenever and wherever the meet will be I'd definitely like to attend.

I have contacted Wil and he has the first weekend in July free, the rest is booked up

So we have the option of weekend of 1st to 3rd July or we can investigate Grendon or another option

I don`t have a problem which weekend it is held so at the moment I am happy with Wil`s gaff

What do the members think?

Great news, I think as already suggested a boot sale of types with any bits you want to sell over the weekend would be great idea, I will bring down a load of bits that may well help keep others on the road as well as some shinny bits. And I for one give a big vote for Wils place.

Looking good so far

I will leave it until tomorrow evening to gauge what interest there is and make a decision then

Quicker we get it booked the sooner we can concentrate on organising it properly

Tell me where I'm going, and I will be there. I'd drive 500 miles to attend 'Fest.

As it happens, I've been to both Wil's venue and the Lakes. I'll take the 4-hour drive to Wil's over the 30-minute drive to Northampton.

I've been to Wil's venue

And a better part of the country you won't find!

If it does turn out to be held chez Wil, it would be nice to take in a nice scenic drive with photos etc - I know a load of great spots. Of course it would take in Jubilee Drive:LOL:

Gem and I will not be in attendance if its the beginning of July as Gem has previous plans

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, because I love seeing you both.

I've got to go with what's going to get the most of us at the meet though, and I hope you understand that.

We could go for a w/e in August if that works better, but whenever let's make it happen and roll on Cougarfest!

We could go for a w/e in August if that works better, but whenever let's make it happen and roll on Cougarfest!

You'll never manage to suit everyone. Since venue availability seems to be decreasing, I would suggest setting a date and hoping for the best. Many of us will do it, some of us won't. But I think it's time to call it.

I'll ask Mrs Wife tomorrow if we're free for that first weekend in July. I think we are, but we all know what assumption makes of us!