• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2016

Yes, I agree.
Maybe time to set a 'deadline' on this before we get booked up further with other events here.
But whatever folks choose I would be pleased to host what could be the most Cougs in one place in the UK for sometime!
cheers,
Wil

Wil`s site looks perfect

If we are all in agreement I will book it

Do we want first week in July or one of the August options?

I would put a poll up but

a) I have no idea how to

and b) We need to sort it quickly

I have a feeling we will be well looked after

Wil`s site looks perfect

If we are all in agreement I will book it

Do we want first week in July or one of the August options?

I would put a poll up but

a) I have no idea how to

and b) We need to sort it quickly

I have a feeling we will be well looked after

Remember the two events across the first weekend of August.

To add a poll: click on 'Thread Tools'
above the first post on this page, select Add a Poll, and fill in the boxes. (y)

Poll added

You can vote for either or both options

W/e of 7th August is Asda Fun Day and Ford Fair so I have excluded them from the poll

Closes in 3 days so vote away!!

Thanks Rik.

As for me I haven't voted as I literally don't care. I'll be there unless I'm deceased. But I hope we can get as many as possible. Might be that our Wil can even start a new tradition, since we're not particularly wedded to Grendon as a venue.

well i havent voted as i dont know what how or when work will let me have time off but if i can make it to ether dates i'll be there...

cant wait to see wil's cars as i missed out on his meet.

actually i'd prefere july dates as its near pay day:oops::LOL::oops:voted!(y)

We need to get more of the club members to turn up as when ever somebody tries to get things arranged all it seems is people come up with a reason why they can't attend instead of great let's make this happen because if we don't all try to make this happen we will lose our club so let's try and make 2016 Cougarfest one to remember.

Unfortunately some of us do not have a choice, my shifts are set in stone and cannot be changed meaning most of my time off is midweek.
I have never been to fest in all my years in the club and would jump at the chance to attend but unless it falls on one of the rare weekends i have off i will just have to grin and bare it and give the same excuse for not going

Mike, hope you can make it if it works out with your shifts, if not you know you are welcome to call in here anytime,
cheers,
Wil

I could not do last years event because of work and as that was the year i joined i have no idea what the venue was like in the past or the event as a whole, i know Will has a lovely location for cougars to gather and owns more than anyone in the club, there are some great areas to drive around there as well, Hereford,Malvern,Worcester,Gloucester,Cheltenham, Ross on Wye are all less than an hour away in each direction so if you get fed up of talking cars then shopping, eating out is etc an option, siting around for hours on end in a field is not for everyone but if members come along for even a short time then it will make the event i think, its true at the moment the cougar is at rock bottom price wise and there are a lot buying them to run into the ground or just till the bills start stacking up so yes we are going to be left with for the most part die hard older owners but that has been the case with a lot of car clubs, stocks of cars and parts go down unless its something like an MGB which you can get everything you need to build one from scratch but a lot of clubs survive and do ok inspite of low numbers.

Thread severely pruned. all posts marked for deletion will be permanently deleted within the week.

TO ALL - this thread was created by Rik to establish a date and location for 2016's Cougarfest. Please keep this thread on topic.
If you have any POSITIVE input on this year's fest please do post with your ideas and thoughts and I assure you they will be gratefully received :)

Speaking for myself.......date and location are no matter, I will be there as always, and if you come along you'll see me in my usual spot flipping the burgers over the barbie and enjoying a great weekend with my mates :)

Site booked with Wil for 1st to 3rd July 2016

New attendance thread shortly with full details, prices etc

Hope it will be a good one this year