• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2017

Really looking forward to Fest in July, and welcoming folks here again....
Sorry to miss Scotfest and other meets, but Spring/ Summer is our busiest time workwise...

I've got a few ideas for Fest this year to hopefully make it fun and interesting, and the 3.0l Beast will definately be making an appearance.. Matt we need to plan the route for the convoy outing and meal, give me a call or drop in mate, will post more soon,
cheers,
Wil

Hey, so am I, Wil. And I'm pretty sure that everyone understands that both hosting and attendance are dependent on the things we have to do.

Many of us will reserve the weekend. Not all of us can.

Thank you for this, and I look forward to seeing you there.

Anymore interest or confirmation of attendance as date is getting nearer.

Hi Folks,
I have an idea for CougarFest.
One of my collection is an Ebony C1 VX 2.5 Auto sadly for spares/repair.
The engine runs OK (only about 80K), good interior etc.
I propose that it could be 'broken' at Fest, with all parts available to anyone who maybe interested.
All proceeds would go to charity.
We may need engine hoist etc.
Let me know what you think,
cheers,
Wil

A spare auto box would be handy if it is a good one ?

If this is the car I think it is, the gearbox is actually one of the reasons the car is being broken. Endplate corroded off and it ran dry.

Either way, I'm up for doing some breakage. I'll even bring my glass removal tools if Mr. Morris wants to have a play...

I've been following a recent thread on the NECO forums and apparently there quite a few differences between the C1 (99-00) and C2 (01-02) auto boxes that means they're not interchangeable.

Either way, I'm up for doing some breakage. I'll even bring my glass removal tools if Mr. Morris wants to have a play...

Ooh now that would be fun to do on a Cougar :)

of course there's the slight hiccup that is the fact that I'm not attending

Had this with one of DYG and myself's project greenie, seems it's a common fault

Actually, I'm just parroting what you said last year at 'Fest! IIRC, it was you that diagnosed the lurching drive, presumably based on your previous experience.

For anyone following along with this, we suggested at the time that the endplate could be replaced and the gearbox refilled and "Okay fingers crossed..."

But the cost of the fluid alone was far too high just to put in a test pilot who confirmed that the 'box was beyond salvage. Like, over 1/4 of the value of the car. Honestly, there was no way to break even unless you were happy to slap in a new box, basic oil, and run it for a year or two.

Actually, I'm just parroting what you said last year at 'Fest! IIRC, it was you that diagnosed the lurching drive, presumably based on your previous experience.

For anyone following along with this, we suggested at the time that the endplate could be replaced and the gearbox refilled and "Okay fingers crossed..."

But the cost of the fluid alone was far too high just to put in a test pilot who confirmed that the 'box was beyond salvage. Like, over 1/4 of the value of the car. Honestly, there was no way to break even unless you were happy to slap in a new box, basic oil, and run it for a year or two.

Its only a matter of time im told before the auto box fails, at 125,000 miles it has so far been fine so its either wait and get it refurbed when it dies or get a spare in case, time wise and cost would lean towards a spare but its got to be a good one.

Its only a matter of time im told before the auto box fails, at 125,000 miles it has so far been fine so its either wait and get it refurbed when it dies or get a spare in case, time wise and cost would lean towards a spare but its got to be a good one.

I found a guy who is god with slushboxes lol, i still have contact with him through a friend so if it's needed give me a prod.

Oh and the fluid is only megaexpensive if you use Frauds new super duper mega non frothy oil............which still froths!!!!

Marks megamix slushbox fluid works a dream and a third of the cost!!! 80 odd quid just for fluid is taking the p...........!!!

Give that endplate a quick scrub and slap a coat of smoothrite on it, it'll be just fine if it's protected

I've just had the box in the Mongy serviced - 7 litres of fluid at £20 + vat /litre, plus filters, plus labour :)

- - - Updated - - -

Call in anytime before then mate if you have time,
cheers,
Wil

Cheers Wil.
I have a job on in Colwall Monday afternoon so wil call in after I've finished.