Hello, First timer...

G

GHanson2009

Hi everyone,
Im Gav from Telford, Recently bought my first cougar, After building and rebuilding my Rover 220 Coupe Turbo about 5000 times i decided id had enough and wanted a reliable sporty looking car... so i bought a cougar :).

I paid £550 for an S-Registered 2.0l Zetec.

And obviously because i've rebuild my rover turbo so many times i happen to have lots of spare rover parts, i.e. inlet manifolds, T25 & T28 Turbo's, Intercoolers, Pipework, Silicone etc.

And although the cougar is an amazing car to drive the speed is unbearable! Very under powered so i've decided to go down the Turbo Route :) I'm not looking for stupid power, Just enough to give me the same kick my rover did (when it was on the road ocasionally). So between 230 & 260bhp and il be happy (For now).

Oh and just to prove ive really rid myself of rovers... Here she is... lol
4c286d58.jpg

All gone! :)

Welcome to the forum Gav. Sounds like you're gonna get some serious power from your cat - have you considered a 4x4 conversion to go with it? :D

Asside from the Manifold & Pistons i've got everything i need to build a turbo engine for her :)

4x4... I'd love too but alot of work that i dont know anything about, extra things to go wrong etc so maybe in the very distant future but not on the cards right now.

As for all rovers looking like that, I have to dissagree the Rover Coups is an awsome looking car, (Just not that one). my other one which i still own looks ALOT nicer :)

PIC100421006.jpg

And its very reliable i've just not quite finished restoring it, And have no idea if i will.

hi and welcome to ukcougar.com i hoe jamie doesnt cry when he see's the pic of the cut up rover

If hes a Rover lover and on the rovertech site he may well be upset... everyone there have stoned me and called me a "hater" and told me i cannot be an enthusiast if i can chop up a rover coupe with only 55k on the clock and long T&T lol :)

I think it was fun!

Hi Gav and welcome to the forum - we do have a resident 4x4 conversion expert on here if you were seriously interested - all that power would be wasted on the front wheels :)

Hi Gav and welcome to the forum - we do have a resident 4x4 conversion expert on here if you were seriously interested - all that power would be wasted on the front wheels :)

Thanks for the welcome, And FWD with High Torque is fun :) Not wasted at all, Ever been in a 280bhp Rover Turbo :) they sure do shift! lol, 4WD is something of interest but the price of the conversion is astronomical!

Thanks for the welcome, And FWD with High Torque is fun :) Not wasted at all, Ever been in a 280bhp Rover Turbo :) they sure do shift! lol, 4WD is something of interest but the price of the conversion is astronomical!

You may be very surprised but I'll let him reply to that as I think he is quite busy at the moment.