Hip's V6 Frosty Project

Hip

Well-known user
Aug 24, 2010
Nottingham
Hip's V6 Frosty Project [Spoilt!]

Right, new car!

Ford Cougar V6 2.5 Coupe, Rated at 170bhp which I doubt due to age and it's not in tiptop condition. It's going to be rolling roaded on the 18th so we shall see!

Problems so far...
- ICV valve needs changing (ordered)
- Driver wing mirror has been whacked by someone (ordered)
- Normal dings & dints.
- Loose Gearshift (ordered short shift kit w/ linkages. Will also be uprating the G/bow oil)

Mods to do
- ICE Upgrade, Headunit and Sub are already fitted. iPod is wired into the centre console box. Amp is under the passenger seat, all of the cables are under the carpet
- 300mm Mk3 Mondeo Calipers (Ordered)
- Spoiler (Ordered)
- Morrette style paint the rear lights
- DMB the Badges
- Spray the wheels gunmetal
- Polished Air In Take
- Rear spacers (FRP Spec)

Pictures
1ea77ae1.jpg

df62bb24.jpg

b09fce9e.jpg

Overhead warning panel
afa60ccc.jpg

:D
a235934b.jpg

1972de87.jpg

2 V6's
46704f0a.jpg

Sub & Amp wiring
b9253fe6.jpg

1c762e01.jpg

End Result! Lovely and Neat
-
b8429904.jpg

My sisters name is Beth :( - She might buy the plate off me!

I've got a custom reg on my Fiesta as well, that'll be going on ASAP!

Problems so far...
- ICV valve needs changing (ordered)
- Driver wing mirror has been whacked by someone (ordered)
- Normal dings & dints.
- Loose Gearshift (ordered short shift kit w/ linkages. Will also be uprating the G/bow oil)

Did you ever try tightening up the gear linkage bolts (and checking whether you had two or four) and did it make any difference?

That's gonna be sweet Hip when you've finished with her mate, can't wait to see it all coming together...........good luck on your mission.(y)

That's gonna be sweet Hip when you've finished with her mate, can't wait to see it all coming together...........good luck on your mission.(y)

Just wait till I've got the Fiesta gone, then you'll see some progress! :D

Did you ever try tightening up the gear linkage bolts (and checking whether you had two or four) and did it make any difference?

I did check - I've only got two, but they're holding it all together rock solid (I assume they hold the metal surround down?) Would fitting another 2 do anything?

If the two that are already there are tight, then adding the other two probably wouldn't make a significant difference, other than spreading the load and making sure they all stay tight.

Forgot all about this one!

Refurbed alloy, still needs clear coat. Melons, shouldn't recognise these :p
2010-11-14202516.jpg

300mm Calipers have been purchased and are now ST Orange.

Spent Sunday morning detailing. Car has been neglected for god knows how many years!
Started at 9am and it looked like this outside -
2010-10-17075922.jpg

Moss? Happily growing away in the boot shut
2010-10-17103815.jpg

Dirt engraved into the paint work (Note the lack of reflection)
2010-10-17100355.jpg

And some Finished pics

2010-10-17130413.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

2010-10-17130350.jpg

Car was washed with Megs Gold & Washmitt
Clayed
Megs Paint Cleaner
Lime Prime Lite
Megs Carnuba wax

All hand applied and my arm bloody aches today!

Oh, It's got my Custom Reg on as well now :)

Looking great, nice to see another Coug being given the TLC it deserves.

This is just the beginning dude, sold my Fiesta last weekend - Got some funds to be going at it now!

Need to service it first & a new ICV then...

Gonna completely overhaul the handling. New shocks and springs all round, Powerflex bushes, uprated ARB, Braces front and back, 300mm brakes, braided lines.

Once I can stop and turn, I'll starting looking at power increases. Stainless twin exhaust will be first, then look to the headers and manifolds. Whack a decent panel filter in and the breathing should be just about sorted. Then it'll be ST200 lump time :)

Rear Arch
IMAG0017.jpg

Side Shot
IMAG0015.jpg

Not putting any more pics up till I've cleaned it. I've done over a thousand miles in the horrible nasty salt/ice/sludge since the last wash and it's awful!

Cheers Paul. Even if you did forgot the Spigots and make me shake all the way home :p

Upgrade time!

300mm brake kit (Calipers are drying), ST200 airbox, K&N Panel filter, fresh g/box oil.

IMAG0066.jpg

Couple more bits in the post as well hopefully!

Busy Day!

HIDs fitted. They're 6k 35w. Unfortunately one ballast is ******, so back to China it goes. Having said that, I don't "need" Main Beam atm due to the output of the dipped.

On the right is HID & Left is normal Bulbs: The normal bulbs are far more yellow in person
IMAG0143.jpg

Need some LED sidelights now.
IMAG0149.jpg

Calipers have gone red (You LOVE IT Jme)
IMAG0146.jpg

£10 for a tin of Red Hammerite and a brush. I could do at least another 20 calipers, unlike the E-Tech kits!

Rebadged the rear
IMAG0148.jpg

Should be lowered next month as well & Bigger brakes fitted!