how did you find out about us.......

How did you discover ukcougar.org?

• Total voters
Did a yahoo search for "Ford Cougar" and came up with you guys, best search result I have ever had! :D :D

Hiya, newbie here (Adam), just came in to rattle the doors, wake people up, then clear off..... being rather elderly and quite infirm, I'll be off to bed in a few minutes.

Anyway, I'm only on here by cheating - it's not really *my* Cougar, but the missus lets me drive it a lot!! :eek:) I've got a white tranny (my van, not the missus) but Mike wouldn't let me on here if I'd said that up front.

We found the site via search engine.

When the wife's Cavalier was on the way out, we saw the Cougar and lusted but they were still a bit pricey then, so we bought a Vectra. 18 months of indifference (but quite sporty indifference - it was the 125 bhp Lotus Vectra) and Cougars were suddenly quite affordable, the missus had saved some money..... et voila (French for 'we bought one'). Had it a few months now, like it a lot - silver 2.5 with X-Pack. She knows class when she sees it!

It was really nice when she asked me if I *minded* getting a Cougar... she's sweet like that. On the other hand, she'd become white van woman since I bought the Transit, and I needed something to wean her off people's rear bumpers.... :eek:)

Enough waffle, I'm off to get my cocoa - cheers people, take it easy out there..... :eek:)

PS - saw a few notes about fuel consumption - I find it laughable (creeps up to 24mpg sometimes!) but we do a lot of short journeys and I find I'm in 3rd a lot of the time around town to keep speeds sensible, but do you buy a 2.5 V6 with 140mph potential just to check the fuel consumption? We knew it'd be juicy, but we only do around 8k per year and we ain't getting any younger - what the hell?? I mean, we could have kept the Vectra and had similar performance..... 8O

Hiya Adumb

I havent been on here long myself but its a great club youve joined.

always good to get more support in the south

:D :D

Does anyone think that the search engine is a clear winner here? :LOL:

Must say i am surprised at the flyer results so far. :cry:

None of the above. I was told about it on the Forums of a well know DVD Forum. :)

when i got my cat i spent time looking for sites on net, came across neco & from that ukcougars....top site time spent lookin well worth it

I'm puzzled by the flyer.
I must have done a dozen cars by now, and not one (I think!) has come onto the forum.
Perhaps I should use a smaller brick.....? :eek:

catnamedog said:
I'm puzzled by the flyer.
I must have done a dozen cars by now, and not one (I think!) has come onto the forum.
Perhaps I should use a smaller brick.....? :eek:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its true though, there must be about five cars round by me which I've flyered, and none of them have said anything. I reckon it might be a bit too stalker-ish for people..... :? :LOL:

Then I suggest you get off their bonnet and leave them to read the flyer in peace!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I always think when you try and explain what goes on in a car club to people who might not be too bothered it always sounds rather anorakish.
How can you word this to sound interesting:

We sit around at a computer all day talking about our cars and what we've done to them.
We have regional meets where we stand around usually in a car park and look at each others cars.

You see what I mean? :?

I think its when I cling to the windscreen wipers that they get a bit worried :eek:

Ginger Phil said:

We sit around at a computer all day talking about our cars and what we've done to them.
We have regional meets where we stand around usually in a car park and look at each others cars.

Do we do that??!!!
Boy, that sounds exciting!! Gonna get me some 'o that!! :LOL:

catnamedog said:
Ginger Phil said:

Do we do that??!!!
Boy, that sounds exciting!! Gonna get me some 'o that!! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, where do I sign up??? :LOL:

The thing is, initially we do that, and maybe for the newer members it seems a bit sad. But after the first couple of hours all the car talk dies off, and its just a bunch of people stood around having a friendly chat about anything.

Maybe we need to try and put that across more? Whadda you reckon?

Thats very true!
Perhaps we need to rejig the flyer?
If we laid greater emphasis on the social aspects, maybe that would do it?

i was torn between a cougar and an alfa romeo gtv (which id always promised myself, dont ask me why) anyway, first thing i did was check the owner club site for the cougar and was amazed how involved everyone is and tons of info, ive wasted last 15 years (on and off) cherishing and nursing manta gtes into thier old age and have been a member of manta owners club throughout which isnt a patch on this one, i found you through yahoo search engine. p.s dont hold the manta thing against me my last car was a mondeo ghia x v6 and ive just laid out a deposit on a 99t cougar v6 in silver which i wont be able to drive until i get back from spain at end of april, cant wait!!! keep up the good work.

Welcome Jason!

Glad you've joined us. Don't worry about the "Manta thing".

I like the Manta, a very pretty car. I nearly bought one a few years back, but the owner was a friend's father. The father died very suddenly and unexpectedly and I didn't like to as his widow if I could have his car :oops:

Sounds almost comical looking back :LOL:

thanks jamie, it probably speaks volumes about me but i find that really funny

Typed "FORD COUGAR" in google when i was lookin to buy one and came across it!