• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Jason Jones

phil robbo

Well-known user
Oct 4, 2004
Huddersfield
It was good to see everyone enjoying what we are led to believe the last ever official cougarfest yesterday, I have only missed one fest, that was last year, I had to work, 2005 was the first ever fest, when hardly anyone knew anyone else and we all had name tags on, in 2007 the heavens opened and the field was like the Somme, but everyone had a great time. the fest had grown with each year until this year which seems to have demoralised Jason to the point of not organising another one, I personally think its a damn shame that there won`t be another cougarfest, I can understand why Jason is peeved, having done the events organisers job and knowing how difficult it is to try and get people to participate, however I don`t want to bring the same issues up over and over again, What I would like to do is give a big thankyou to Jason for organising all the cougarfests we have had, I know it has caused him a lot of hassle and heartache but every one has been a resounding success, So come on lads lets hear it for Jason.

It was good to see everyone enjoying what we are led to believe the last ever official cougarfest yesterday, I have only missed one fest, that was last year, I had to work, 2005 was the first ever fest, when hardly anyone knew anyone else and we all had name tags on, in 2007 the heavens opened and the field was like the Somme, but everyone had a great time. the fest had grown with each year until this year which seems to have demoralised Jason to the point of not organising another one, I personally think its a damn shame that there won`t be another cougarfest, I can understand why Jason is peeved, having done the events organisers job and knowing how difficult it is to try and get people to participate, however I don`t want to bring the same issues up over and over again, What I would like to do is give a big thankyou to Jason for organising all the cougarfests we have had, I know it has caused him a lot of hassle and heartache but every one has been a resounding success, So come on lads lets hear it for Jason.

I can only echo what you've written Phil, although this was our first 'fest, I'm sure it won't be our last, (it'll continue in some guise or other) as we really enjoyed ourselves, even though I overdid the shandy on the Friday night/Saturday morning, and missed out on the fun and games Saturday night.

I second all that Phil. It was another good show this weekend. My first fest as you know was back in "07" that was some initiation :LOL:. Not missed a fest since and have every intention of attending whatever it morphs into in the future.
Top job Jason for keeping things rolling all this time. Another memorable one has just closed.

thc017.gif

Despite the fact I disappeared for large periods of time (I get a little uncomfortable when surrounded by people all the time ;) ), I can assure you I did enjoy myself. Thank you for organising this Jason :)

As you all probably know, we have been priveliged to attend 7 Cougarfests, and it really has been a privelige too. As Ria rightly pointed out last night, there are the same faces most years but then a few new members attend for their first time, next year it would be very nice to see those older faces, the ones who popped their cherry this weekend and some more new faces. After weekends like this, I feel like cutting out my tongue for talking about selling my car next year, I had a few quiet moments to myself last night to ponder the idea of this year being the last Cougarfest and to savour the atmosphere of music and laughter coming from around the marquee area, I hope that we still call it Cougarfest 2012 and keep that identity and the tradition of the previous events, the word conjures up vivid memories of fun weekends in a field with nothing but a load of cougars, food, alcohol (for those who partake) and most importantly friends.
Thank you Jason for sorting this weekend, we both appreciate the work behind getting the weekend sorted and the frustrations that come with it, I know that we are at the same point as last year but maybe we could do the deposit thing now and see how it works, I would be willing to pay in September for both of us if that sets the ball rolling. Maybe you could assign another person to chase up payments during the year until the date, as money comes in, even if by instalments, we can build the kitty so that it happens. Either way, thanks for your part in organsing 7 memorable weekends.

I can only echo what everyone has said and that we had a fantastic time again at our second Fest. We will be sure to appear at whatever Cougarfest becomes in future. We didn't miss the official cooking facilities or the fridge to be honest - a cooler bag with a £1 bag of ice from Morrisons served it's purpose once the cooler blocks had defrosted on Saturday. We will be investing in a small bbq for next year though. I take my hat off to JJ for the work he put into setting up and organising the two Cougarfests that we have had the privilege of attending (y)

Weather is bloody awful back home driving rain and high winds :(

Sadly, JJ was pulled by PC Plod on his way home from Fest for playing music too loud..... :eek:

IMG_1028.jpg

Seriously though, awesome system - Black Sabbath sounded like being at a gig with the 'punch in the chest' bass :eek:

I can only echo everyone else's sentiments. That's two Fests in a row for me. I have only just got back home having returned Ross safely to his mother. He was raving about the last three days all the way up the road and I was really surprised that he could rattle off so many of your names. Dusty and Bobby seem to have made a big impression on him, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but, time will tell. I would like to take this opportunity to thank not just Jason and Kully for their organisational prowess, but, everyone else who accepted the fact that Ross, although he is just an 11 year old kid, was made to feel like one of the big Cougar family. I am certain he has quite a few fond memories of his time spent amongst you all and he is eagerly awaiting the pictures being posted on the forum. Once again, thanks to everyone for making it another memorable few days and I will definitely see you all again sometime soon.

Like the B's i've been to every fest and each year is bigger and better than the last (I know that sounds like a cliche....or is that a clique?) and its all been down to Jj and his minions (thats a punch for next fest) its good to see the mad profesor of bass hasn't lost his touch.....nutter o_O I for one can't wait tillnext year....

NOTfest 2012....be there or be a potato! :stop:

A definate BIG THANK YOU to JJ (who hasn't changed my fourm name yet...!!!) Mo for the amazing Goat curry, and everyone else who was involved in this great weekend. As a 'fest newbie I now get what you guys love about the weekend - chilling, drinking, chatting, having fun, drinking (again) and just generally having a laugh together. A lot of familiar faces from meets I've been to, and a lot of new faces too - it's always great to put names, faces and personalities to the "anonymous" usernames. I know & appreciate the time and effort that goes into getting something like this off the ground - it doesn't "just happen". I had a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my first Cougarfest. Hopefully it won't be my last...

Thanks for yet another great Cougar Fest. This was my 2nd one since joining the club and thoroughly enjoyed them both. I have met some great people and had quite a few laughs throughout. Will look forward to the "informal camping weekend" next year...obviously to be named NOTAFESTBUTAFORUMMEMBERSCAMPINGANDLAUGHINGWEEKEND....lol!!! but I know that name would be just a little too long!! LOL!!!

Thanks for yet another great Cougar Fest. This was my 2nd one since joining the club and thoroughly enjoyed them both. I have met some great people and had quite a few laughs throughout. Will look forward to the "informal camping weekend" next year...obviously to be named NOTAFESTBUTAFORUMMEMBERSCAMPINGANDLAUGHINGWEEKEND....lol!!! but I know that name would be just a little too long!! LOL!!!

Or Fest for short Tim !!

I will deffo put my name down for the next one whatever it is called

I know i wasnt there for long but it was great to see / meet everyone i did and thanks for such a warm welcome - Thanks Jase for making it possible mate

As you all probably know, we have been priveliged to attend 7 Cougarfests, and it really has been a privelige too. As Ria rightly pointed out last night, there are the same faces most years but then a few new members attend for their first time, next year it would be very nice to see those older faces, the ones who popped their cherry this weekend and some more new faces. After weekends like this, I feel like cutting out my tongue for talking about selling my car next year, I had a few quiet moments to myself last night to ponder the idea of this year being the last Cougarfest and to savour the atmosphere of music and laughter coming from around the marquee area, I hope that we still call it Cougarfest 2012 and keep that identity and the tradition of the previous events, the word conjures up vivid memories of fun weekends in a field with nothing but a load of cougars, food, alcohol (for those who partake) and most importantly friends.
Thank you Jason for sorting this weekend, we both appreciate the work behind getting the weekend sorted and the frustrations that come with it, I know that we are at the same point as last year but maybe we could do the deposit thing now and see how it works, I would be willing to pay in September for both of us if that sets the ball rolling. Maybe you could assign another person to chase up payments during the year until the date, as money comes in, even if by instalments, we can build the kitty so that it happens. Either way, thanks for your part in organsing 7 memorable weekends.

This is an idea i tabled but didnt really get the backing which i can understand, i'll make points via bullets:

1. Fest ends - everyone is buzzing and thinking i,ll do this again
2. Within a couple of days of it ending you ask for attendees for 2012 and ask that members commit to paying as little as £7 per month over 12 months
3. You get commitment and early
4. You have cash to purchase the marquee...etc
5. You guarantee a larger attendance at an early stage
6. I would gladly accept the responsibility to control the budget taking the weight of Admin

Sorted

Yeah but Lewy no offence you haven't been to any fest's yet or any other shows except Harewood and you don't own a Cougar either so how can you talk about organising next year? If anyone should take on organization then I would forward our current events organisers Chris and Tim.

That's a bit harsh Matt. You should be grateful someone wants to do it at all. You don't need a bloody Cougar to go to fest, I think nearly every fest since my first in 06 has had non Cougars there.

What Lewy has suggested is simply managing a system, nothing more. I think you might wanna reword your post.

Thank you very much for the thanks guys, Bro has to have his share of it as he helps sort this too it's very much a team effort and without you guys it would all be wasted effort on our part so a huge thank you has to go to you lot who attend as otherwise it would be nothing.

The decision has been made regards next year there will 100% be no official Fest, I will be organising a camping weekend but the club will take no money for anything and will not provide insurance cover for it, it is literally going to be me, my car, my tent and anyone else who would like to do the same.

Again thank you so much for the gratitude it is very nice to hear positive comments and I have loved every fest I have sorted/been too (which is all of them ;) )

JJ

That's a bit harsh Matt. You should be grateful someone wants to do it at all. You don't need a bloody Cougar to go to fest, I think nearly every fest since my first in 06 has had non Cougars there.

What Lewy has suggested is simply managing a system, nothing more. I think you might wanna reword your post.

Very harsh Matt!!, Lewy made the offer and also others have too but my post above explains.

JJ