Major changes to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
This is a heads up for all members on here..

Our licence for this forum expires in 4 weeks. We have no option but to move the forum to the newer style of software that NECO are using as licences and updates for our version are no longer available.

This is going to mean altering the entire forum structure and system as the way the new software is coded will not work with what we have in place at the minute..

Nothing will be lost but cosmetics are going to have to change and I am limited to what we can have at the minute as web support is very poor..

The other thing that is going to take a long time will be the garage. It wont be lost but it wont be back straight away either.

I will be taking the forum down for a week from the 22nd March 2010

The reason for the long amount of time is so I am not busting a nut to change everything in 2-3 days.. Also the new software will be a learning curve for me as I have only played with a demo.

For those members that were here when I first started this is as big a job as moving us from the old forum.

I will remind you all closer to the time but myself and JJ thought it would be decent if we warned you as soon as we knew.

Any questions feel free to ask them in here..

Rob

rob if we loose the forum for a week out of 52 to make it easier for you to adapt mate its the least we can put up with .all your efforts are much apprieciated mate .thanks for all your hard work, we have a great forum

Last edited:
seconded. Rob, do what you need to do matey. Just hope after that it helps you and the other admin bods.

Hopefully costs to keep the site going don't increase, but if they do, I for one would have no issue at all with subs being reviewed.

For the service we get on here, I think we have a superb network which is cheap at more than twice the price.

Thanks Rob

Thats the point Neil I have told Rob under no circumstances to be doing long hours every night to get it done a week is nothing and it means he can take his time, not get it in the neck for being online till all hours and have time to look at it properly without busting his balls.

Might mean a few people are at a loss for something to do but hey ho lol.

JJ

You're a star for soldiering on with this Rob! :):):)

After all the work you have done recently you now have another shedload to do!! :eek6::eek6::eek6: We are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated person like you to help us though this situation. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks a million.

Thats the point Neil I have told Rob under no circumstances to be doing long hours every night to get it done a week is nothing and it means he can take his time, not get it in the neck for being online till all hours and have time to look at it properly without busting his balls.

Might mean a few people are at a loss for something to do but hey ho lol.

JJ

Its okay I will just turn to alcohol!

Wish i could help Rob/JJ and take the load off a little.

Thankyou

rob if it take one week or two they folks on here will understand ,we become dependant on forums like this for social interaction and help ,well mate your home life and health are important so no long hours are needed take your time mate

Thanks Rob (y)
I reckon we All owe you a beer for the ammount
of work you put into this :yesnod:
You are doing a grand job (y)

well, I am a newbie here but I am also a forum old-hand

I accept these things are going to have to happen from time to time

so - good luck on the move over to the new software

Lazy little sod ... get on with it. :incazzato:

Joking aside, Rob does a stirling job with the forum, I am convinced he doesn`t realise just how much we all appreciate his hard work, if it takes a week or a month you do it Rob, don`t stress yourself to the point of anguish, take a break, sup a long cool one, and you are allowed sex once every seven days.
Good luck with it mate ... we are all here to help in any way we can. (y)

(thats not sex with me by the way)

Throw the line if you need anything at all mate, you got my number and i know where you live :ihih:
Take whatever time it needs, i think i can speak for all here when i say we trust you to do whatever it takes.
Right! i'm just off to design The UKCDSM (UKCOUGAR.COM distinguished service medal) (y)

Take as long as you need to mate there is alot to do, just out of curiosity is that the only software available? I don't know anyone on NECO who likes that layout just wondered if there was an alternative.

Whatever happens i don't think your going to need to bring any beer with you to fest mate (y)

i just wanted to echo what others have said bobster, it takes as long as it takes, and cant thank you ond others like you enough for te time and effort you guys out in. Oh well the xbox will take a hammering that week then!(y)

its not the only software but its the best software out there.. we are not going to be like NECO with the cms frontend its just going to be like we are now but slightly different cosmetically

Rob, you do a lot of good work that you don't always get enough credit for, it takes as long as it takes, there is no point in rushing to get it done, just to cut downtime, if you take your time to do it and get it to work the way you want it to and should work, you will end up saving have to redo bits and have to do patches to get over problems that if you had the time in the first wouldn't of happened, so take it easy and take the time it needs to get it right, and
CHEERS FROM ALL OF US

Status
Not open for further replies.