My Cougar

Right picked up my alloy wheels this morning. I am going to be refurbing them before they go on the car. One of the tyres I had to get changed as it was a different size profile

DSCF1220.jpg

I want to also get some Ford centre caps that will fit these wheels. I have had a search and found one at my local salvage yard that will fit with a bit of modding. I will have to file down the back teeth / grips a bit so it slots in. If not I am going to use the original TSW centre caps and remove the TSW badge and get some Ford gel badges made and fit them. So I have already been tinkering around with the centre caps

DSCF1223.jpg

DSCF1225.jpg

Does anyone know if I will need different nuts to fit these to my car?

I will keep posting pics as I make progress on my car

Whatever wheelnut you use mate make sure you have a set of locking nuts (y)

I defo will be getting some locking nuts but I was just wondering if I can use my original Ford nuts and locking nuts or do I have to get different ones? Any help would be appreciated

I was thinking that but I would rather have gel domed badges made up. If not I am going to get the people who are making the badges for my steering wheel and doorcards to knock me up a set. Lovely looking car you have btw WildV6

Thanks mate, a lot of hard work has gone into her. I spent 10 hours over 2 days this last week polishing her. A load of us are going to be at MIJ in Walsall on Sunday 28th - would be a good chance for you to come and meet a few of us and see our Cougs (y)

Unfortunately I will be away in Ireland then but I would love to meet up with some people off the forum one day so will keep my eyes peeled for meets I can attend

Bit of an update. Just won 4 x brand new Ford centre caps that all I need to do is cut the grips on the back a bit and file down a bit then they fit nice and firm in the hole so making progress.

Hello Pid_16V as I said earlier I quite like the ford badge so have decided to get some Ford centre caps. I also am getting some gel domed badges made up for the steerring wheel and doorcards which are carbon fibre with the Ford logo on them. I forgot to ask did you get the indicator chrome bulbs ok? How are you getting on with the radio stalk mod or you not started yet

Ahhh wait do you mean the actual backing that clips into the wheel. I should be fine as I said I just have to shave off a couple of mm and it is nice and snug.

I would be interested but the ones I have got the Ford badge is stuck to the bit that clips in proper firm and I would be worried I would damage the top layer prising them off. Thanks mate I do appreciate it

Right a bit of an update. My custom badges for the steering wheel and doorcard screw covers have come. They are not bad quality but they are not the sizes that I quoted and there are imperfections but from a distance they look pretty good. I am tempted to do my original plan and get some black anodised aluminium badges engraved and replace these ones. Here are some pics anyway

My centre caps have come and managed to get them to fit a treat. I am currently debating on whether to paint my new wheels a different colour to like a standard silver alloy colour. The colour that is tempting me is Rover Gunmetal grey. So something similar to this but slightly lighter. If anyone can recommend any other colours it would be appreciated

David, what size diameter are the inserts in your wheels? I've got a barrow load of wheel centres here taken from the cougar head badges i used to sell.

IMAG0022.jpg

al, i have some dotz alloys, the caps are 60mm diameter on outside, the clips appear to be 58/59 mm , got any cougar badge logos which would fit here, 4 required , pm me a price, ta

Looking great there Davidoff - they look the right size to me? or have you cut them to make them fit??? As for the wheels - and a new colour - think that gunmetal (Rover) grey colour is superb, as would really set the black paintwork off a treat.

I paid about £27 delivered for the three to be custom made and delivered. Personally I am not 100% happy with them. They are ever so slightly too small. I am thinking of getting some custom Aluminium anodised black with the Ford logo engraved into them. I have got a quote for about £23 delivered so I may just do that. I have managed to get the Ford centre caps to fit which I am happy about.

I am going to take the plunge and go for gunmetal Rover grey for the wheels. I have fitted my interior door handles. I will post some pics soon. What I done was build up layers of the silver paint and then I lightly wet sanded and used rubbing compound. Now they feel 100% smooth and look factory standard which I am happy about. I am going to do the same to the air vent surrounds to break up my interior a bit. Before I fit the wheels my next project is to retrim the headlining. I already have the alcantara and spray glue (I done it in a couple of my old cars so know the routine lol) I have cleaned up my calipers ready to paint red.

Also just got my car serviced and new cam belt and pulleys fitted so the car is in pretty much tip top condition at the moment. I will post some more pics soon.

I also have fitted some SGS boot struts and a new Mondeo / Focus aerial as my old one had gone all mouldy.

Right I have decided to go ahead with changing the new badges to anodised black aluminum badges with the ford logo engraved to show the bare aluminium silver colour. Here is a quick mock up. Will be ordering them tomorrow.

RAFA.jpg

HHSHS.jpg

Hopefully the guys who make these badges will do better than the gel badges. The gel badges though I am tempted to stick else where like on my car keys or something

Been too busy at work lately to work on the car. I have just ordered some mondeo mk3 calipers for the 300mm front brake upgrade. I am currently retrimming my headlining and sunvisors. Here are a couple of pics before my camera decided to play up

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

The grey / cream plastic bits will also be rubbed down and painted a dark grey / black