My Cougar

Been a bit busy so have had to neglect my car project. My friend had a small crash with someone where he went into the back of them so been sourcing bits to neaten up his front end. As for my car I have been painting my calipers red and I am dead happy with the finished product. Hopefully going to fit them in a couple of weekends time. Also have another mod that I am going to keep under wraps for now until its fitted.

Sneak peak of things to come. Sorry for the bad photos but I can assure you they are lovely and shiney

DSCF1323.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1349.jpg

This is by far the best craftsmanship I have seen. Thanks john wwfc

DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1353.jpg

hey davidoff those calipers are looking very nice, ive just had a set of goodridge braided hoses fitted and my next job is to do my calipers red too, im gonna be real busy over the next couple of months buffer.gif

Sounds good Zer0. Its worth spending a fair amount of time cleaning them up as you can get a nice smooth finish. It has taken me a fair few coats but its defo worth it.

I have noticed a leak! Should it be doing this. I can see a small hole. Does this need like repairing / filling up or do I need a new system

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Finally got round to fitting my heated washer jets. Also someone who was selling up their cougar and never used a touch up kit they bought for it gave me it for free so any little bits I am going to neaten up.

Also got a new parking sensor kit to fit. The previous owner fitted one but its packed up. At first I wasn't too sure about the parking sensors but it does make life easy so going to fit that the weekend

Weather is not all that at the moment unfortunately so not too sure. Also helping my mate fix up his Mondeo so doesnt't look like I will get it fitted this weekend. As soon as I do though I will put some pics up. I can't wait to get my calipers fitted either. They will look ace behind your RS wheels

Nothing is safe from paint at the moment lol. Currently in the process of removing all traces of cream from the interior

DSCF1371.jpg

Also finally happy with the standard of the handles finish

DSCF1372.jpg

I got a bargain on ebay. Ordered some second hand locking nuts and anti theft nuts £12 all in and turns out they are McGard so I am happy seeing as they are in mint condition. Really need to get to work refurbing my TSW Pace alloys

Will do Al defo want to keep them nice and pristine. I am really happy with the tough satin black paint I used. So far it actually has actually lived up to the name tough especially on the centre console. Have now used it to spray my A/B/C pillars and they have come up ace. Will post some pics soon once everything has been installed

Someone contacted me saying about how to get rid of the paint smell. I would say this was not a problem for me as I have been buying spares to work on and spray. Once they have been finished I have been leaving it a good week or two until I got round to fitting bits so I have had no problem smell wise.

DSCF1374.jpg

DSCF1375.jpg

In regard to the rear diffuser / infill john wwfc made me I have also decided go for a matt / satin finish. john wwfc was kind enough to give me his old backbox which he had made with a lovely oval tip. Unfortunately my pipework looks like it could have been altered at some point so I am not sure it will fit. I have took a gamble and MIJ are making me an adapter and I have ordered a new powerflex rubber exhaust mount so you never know.

DSCF1376.jpg