My Cougar

davidoff

Well-known user
Jan 16, 2010
Essex
Hello everyone I am fairly new to the site but I thought I would start a thread up about my car. I have had it for about just over a month and am loving it. Here are a couple of pics

IMGP2806.jpg

IMGP2805.jpg

I recently added the following

Leather interior
SGS boot struts

I am currently respraying my interior dash bits and centre console satin black

DSCF1184.jpg

I also fitted a new gear knob. Excuse the bad photo

DSCF1170.jpg

My plans are:

To install standard CD player which I have bought off Relliot
Spray ABC pillars black
Trim headlining in alcantara
I also have a Richbrook Ford leather handbrake cover which I am going to be fitting along with new leather gaitors
Spray the air vents and handles silver to break up the car interiors a bit
Paint the calipers red

I will be adding some new photos soon. Thanks for everyones help so far

Yes its a 2L. I was going to get a 2.5 V6 but I saw this one come up and its been very well looked after and had lots of receipts for work done to it so couldn't resist. I also have added fogs to it as well. I recently had trouble with the car but it was down to the non factory fitted immobiliser so I got it whipped out. The personal plate was already on the car which is quite good because quite a few people are shocked when I say the car is originally on an S reg lol.

Very nice car. I had my dash black too and i think it looks much better. Goes well with some silver trim like the door handles. Good contrast.

Yes I agree with the black dash with silver highlights such as handles etc. Thanks for all the positive comments

Yeah I am chuffed to bits with the car. I am going for subtle but effective mods. This website has been awesome hence why I paid my subs within about 24 hours of joining lol

Yeah the plate means nothing to me but it was on the car when I bought it and yeah people cant believe when I say how long the Cougar has been out. So glad I bit the bullet and finally bit a Cougar. Nice C2 scunnycougar

And I only have one of them ;)

Nice car mate, Cougars look so right in standard spec its crazy. I sprayed my interior trim black, and been as its a C2 it has the silver stuff already so it looks good.
Why do you want to fit the Standard stereo? that SONY one looks like its a good one with the sliding disc tray.
DSC01962.jpg

Alright Ginja the Sony one is a very good spec headunit and I specifically bought it because I loved the motorised flip front / slide out tray but I just feel like going for a more subtle factory look. Nice C2 by the way Ginja

Looks mint mate, satin black looks good too. Ebony is a great colour for the big cats (until it starts to get dirty, normally when you`ve just emptied the wash bucket). You were advised that your 13 quid potentially saves you a lot of money. We omitted to tell you it costs you a whole lot more. :yikes: Enjoy it mate, looks like you`ve got a good `un. (y)(y)

Yeah the plate means nothing to me but it was on the car when I bought it and yeah people cant believe when I say how long the Cougar has been out. So glad I bit the bullet and finally bit a Cougar. Nice C2 scunnycougar
hi, the plate is a northern irish plate, most n/irish plates are made up of 3 letters and 4 no's. my old golf was daz8678, lost the reg when car packed in and left it sitting for 8 months, it was going to cost too much to repair & to tax and mot it to transfer over plate, (y)

Alright Ginja the Sony one is a very good spec headunit and I specifically bought it because I loved the motorised flip front / slide out tray but I just feel like going for a more subtle factory look. Nice C2 by the way Ginja
(y) cheers, I might be interested in that stereo if you sell it...might (i'm skint so no promises):D