Pid_16V 'Uncle Al'.

Reading this has really put a damper on my day. Alan was one of the nicest people I know and very rarely had a bad word to say about anyone. He was always offering assistance to us lesser mortals regardless of what our problems were. If it had not been for this bloody Covid pandemic he could have had his operation ages ago before his health had deteriorated. As everyone else has said previously, he is one man who will be very sadly missed by a lot of people. I felt bad enough when Vonnie passed, but, this has just left me truly heartbroken.
Together again with Vonnie and Lisa, may you all rest in peace together.

R.I.P. Alan, Mr UKCougar.

There will never be another, Al was a one in a million, and was one of the first to welcome me into the Cougar family. You will be greatly missed my friend. Rach and I send our heart felt condolences to all his family and friends. Go rest in peace Al, now that you are with Vonny & Lisa. You'll be forever loved ♥️😥

I’ve been absent from the Forum for far too long, I seen the news on Facebook - I can’t believe it, Alan was one of the nicest gents I have ever met!

I still remember my very first MFSM was down at his, Vonny was a fantastic host and Alan didn’t hold back in allowing me to learn while sorting his car.
He took near a whole day out to host me and fit the Roush kit to MOE… He taught me ALOT!
Both him and Vonny went out of their way to make JJ feel welcomed at every show.

I am extremely saddened by his passing, thoughts are with his family.

I've been away for a week or two through ill health, knowing I couldn't contribute anything meaningful. What a horrible time for that to happen.

Al was the first Cougar member I ever met, and I couldn't have had a better introduction to the club. I loved that man and his lovely wife Vonny. They made me feel welcome here and in person, and I would've done anything for them.

I don't know his family, but if they would welcome us at whatever memorial they're plannig I would be honoured to be there.

Not sure where we go when we die, but I hope he and Vonny are hapy together there.

I too found out on Facebook about this. I was aware of his condition and that he had been kept waiting for his operation for a long while.

Alan did a great deal for me personally with my car. He was the very first person to interact with me on this forum with a problem I had with my car when I first bought it back in 2009. He correctly told me what the issue was and even provided me with the part to fix the issue as well for a very small cost.

He was always very supportive of me and my car in the early years of my ownership. Over the last few years I have drifted away from this forum for various reasons that are not important now.

Alan was a true gentleman and I know he will be sorely missed by just about everyone that he had ever come into contact with. This club has lost one of the finest members that have ever been apart of it and this club will never quite be the same.

RIP Alan, may you finally be at peace.

I only just saw this and there's nothing I can say which has not already better been said.

He was what this club is all about. Alan had been right there answering my idiot questions from the start and as we both have the 2.0 zetec and his conversions and custom engineered parts gave me loads of ideas and enthusiasm for the model. He was a inspiration and a lovely bloke.

Cheers Al