Pid_16V 'Uncle Al'.

Some of you may have seen the notification for Al's birthday today.

I feel one of our usual 'celebration' threads would not be entirely suitable but I, for one, will be raising a glass in his memory tonight and offering a toast to a dear friend who was taken from us far too early and who fully deserved to go on to enjoy many more 'happy returns'.

Oh lordy. After just catching up on the board I'm gutted to read this thread. I know how close he was to so many of you and what a huge part of the club he was. I have always associated Al with the club since the fist day I signed up. :(

His knowledge and wit were legendary and I am convinced his legacy will continue on for as long as the club exists. Cheers Al. 🍻

They say we die twice. Once when our body gives out, and again when the last person speaks your name.

I will never be offended at being reminded of fallen friends, even if that reminder is from a robot. I have no issue with being reminded of Al's birthday - it reminds me how much he contributed to us.

Oh my, just found out about Al from a post I commented about on Facebook. So so sad to hear of Al's passing, he and Vonny were genuine and lovely, met them at the few Cougarfests I went to prob around 15 years ago, Billing Aquadrome etc with my Roushed Cougar, Al had my VT7 wheels after I sold the car to RichB then a few years later the car secumbed to tin worm I believe and was stripped and scrapped. He was always a wealth of knowledge, not just on Cougars which he knew inside out. Rest in peace dear fella 😟

Im sorry al...i should have been there after our last phone call..i should have come up!!.. I didn't mean to let you down forgive me for what happened life is complicated but I love you mate and I always think about you and thank you for everything that you did for me being a great friend and I wonderful conversations on the phone for hours and hours I will always hold that close was the best friend I ever had here.. and you always put me right love you very much

Reactions: LLC02 and WildV6