• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

proposal for 2013

No problem from me if anyone wants to pay a deposit of £10 to me on Fest weekend then that is perfectly fine.

JJ

Good idea mate get money off people when they have some lol as some of us aren't that good at economising for the future, depending on budget I might be able to give you a deposit for next year at this years event

Ok this may seem very premature but the cost of everything when booking as late as we have had to the last two years is more than if we can jump on it earlier so proposal for next year is as follows (open to ideas this is not set in stone completely)

Deposit £10 taken from August 1st - October 1st NON refundable ( lets not forget a lot of people still come without cougars so no excuse)

This will then be totalled on the basis that each deposit will turn into a full attendance and allow us to look at costs and place deposits on equipment along with a solid booking for Grendon Lakes assuring us that the event will go ahead as each year when it looks like there is not enough interest and we discuss cancelling it there is disapproval at the idea.

Providing we get 15 actual deposits which is realistic in my opinion and this is the minimum I am willing to let it go ahead for I will provisionally book everything which requires a non refundable deposit.

I will then re open the taking of deposits from 1st February to 1st April 2013 again at £10 per car.

After this date I will only accept deposits from subscribers who have joined after 1st April as existing subscribers will have had a full 4 months to book their place.

Thoughts/feedback please

JJ

I seem to remember offering to do something very similar to this some time ago before Matt in his infinate wisdon declared war on me

Past is the past Lewy, let's just see if we can get some decent numbers for next year ;)

It certainly will be a "make or break" as without the required deposits in the first period it doesn't go ahead in any form.

JJ

Yes by all means you can send deposits now guys.

Same as this years rules, non refundable, I will confirm dates with Grendon asap for next year and will be doing my absolute best to secure the lakeside location again as pretty much unanimously liked this year and definitely for me added something special to the event.

I will be aiming for a similar weekend mid July.

JJ

Like this idea! put me down for 2013, not sure if the kids can come as school finishes on the 19th, may have to arrive later, but I will cross that bridge later. On a side note, has anyone thought of using this forums settings and using the e-mail send to all feature to annouce things like shows, meets,cougarfest etc. to all members. That way you dont have to search through the forum to find these things. And you are given a heads up! Just my `two,pennorth`.
Cheers, Hornet.

Ok Grendon is booked and a good job I have done it so soon as dates are very limited. Unfortunately those dates are not ok so we have confirmed dates of July 12/13/14th. We ate also able to use the lakeside spot again.

Luke is looking at costs for us using their marquee also to see how costs compare.

I will amend dates in the other thread once I am at a PC.

JJ

Me and Emma will certainly be up for this again next year mate, not sure on the deposit yet as i'm having a few "financial" difficulties to put it mildly :giggle: but as soon as I know I'll get some money too you (y)

Shucks I am committed that weekend

Well its not like you sound disappointed, after all, the date was confirmed after cougarfest last year, same old club, same old people, same old excuses.

I have deliberately not rushed into stripping my car thinking that maybe I would have a change of heart, and as much as I would love to fix it, posts like this make of remember the frustrating side of this club. I am not coming to this years event, no Cougar, no Richb. I had just looked on to see who's going, I feel sorry for the organisers, their heads must be sore from banging then against the brick wall.