• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

proposal for 2013

I am not coming to this years event, no Cougar, no Richb.

Now that's something I never thought I'd read. Fest just won't be the same without you Rich.

Saying that, if it just morphs into a 'Cougar owner/previous owner camping weekend' rather than an official event (which may just happen) would RichB reconsider??

With only 8 deposits of which 2 were Rich's, in previous years that would event cancelled at this late stage. The usual requirement of 30 cars is a long long way off and in my opinion not going to happen. That means that its basically just a camping weekend where everyon is self sufficient which as a group of friends, could be had anywhere.

That means that its basically just a camping weekend where everyon is self sufficient which as a group of friends, could be had anywhere.

I'm cool with that particularly if the dates remain the same? Now we just need to convince Richard :)

Well already it's 2013 and we have a massive attendance figure of 9 with maybe two cancellations leaving 7 with deposits paid and only 7 weeks to go :oops:. Are we having a "COUGARFEST" this year? If we are, then get your names in the deposits thread, it's a belter of a weekend.

I'm cool with that particularly if the dates remain the same? Now we just need to convince Richard :)

I'd prefer it I think. Also I'm in no way keen about the river bank idea, in fact it's put me off since last year for several reasons. Firstly, the weather! If it rains, that bank is far from flat and not the greatest for traction. Secondly, the segregation which so many people complained about in the Billing days was back given we couldn't have our more traditional square layout with a central congregational point. That led to several split parties which wasn't great. Also the spread of the site from one end to the other made it challenging after dark for those camping at the far end if they wanted to be near the BBQ and marquee. The marquee, I feel was wasted last year. It got used for a couple of hours Saturday night and might as well not have been there. That could have made it a darn sight cheaper and might have encouraged attendance. We already skipped the BBQ and fridge facilities. That brings me to exactly that, with no fridge, no BBQ and next to no attendees, the marquee expense alone is far from covered and therefore not happening. As yet I've not booked one and I'm 99% confident we probably won't get one from the regular people at short notice so that would mean a new and most certainly more expensive place to lease one from for the weekend.

Removing the BBQ, fridge and the marquee, there's the insurances which we won't need without any equipment and as for liability, if its not a club event but a bunch of mates using the same site of a weekend then none needed as regular campers don't have any.

That's my personal 2p. I'm happy to still make any arrangements IF this is actually practical but its not looking that way. Personally I think you will all be getting your deposits back as there's nothing to pay for right now.

WOW!
I just checked the attendances for 2010 fest:

Pid_16V
14th-July-2010, 18:04

Is this an accurate list of attendees?

1) jason + 3
2) Adrian + 1
3) Pid_16V +1
4) Scunnycougar +1 (the plus one tbc)
5) Warthog + 1
6) Ace Melon
7) cmewse
8) MoFo + 1-3 tbc
9) RichK (subject to what date)
10) Dyg3474
11) Cougarfella (+1 poss)
12) The Bridge (One Day - No Overnight)
13) Bobster +1
14) casscougar +1 (depending on date)
15) cougar571 + George (Regardless of date)
16) Kev Farmer & Nancy
17) phil robbo
18) Malu (subject to house move)
19) Catedwards + 1 1/2
20) Richb & Effin Wonderwoman
21) Kully & the Pervy Nun
22) TopCat1127
23) Ginja
24) Dar1976:smilewinkgrin:
25) brabenv6
26) lottysvdub + 2 ( need to confirm date ) :yesnod:
27) Tiggernick (just 1 night i expect)
28) Draper +1
29)guineapig +1:smilewinkgrin:
30)C9OUR +1 (only Saturday night)
31) Cat_Nat (unsure of +1 at the moment)
32) FlamencoAssassin + The Curry Goat Chef
33) WildV6 (unless my holiday dates get cancelled)
34) Wogans_Wig + 1
35) Merlin
36) anthony + 1 mrs grishmann
37) Everton2004 + 1 (TBC)
38) Hornet + 1
39) Pie-in-ear + Gemma
40) D1CKL
41) Alex_16v +1
42) S.D.M 1 cat 1 owner...... no Subaru's allowed i heard? lol
43) Wayne and Froggy

I think there's about 8 people on that list from 2010 that didn't go. It's a shame it is what is but at this stage in the day I can't see 23 cars committing to an event 7 weeks away.

There has been suggestions of an alternative weekend elsewhere in the land, even a little more northerly dare I say given that apart from Tim in Devon (if he can) we don't really see anyone from down south. That's not to say we wouldn't, it's just highly unlikely.

Lot of cat's gone to pasture since last years event (mine included) and a fair few members have moved on from the club which ain't gonna help.
We was up for this event (even if work stuck a spanner in the works saying I could only have my usual days off, Saturday and Sunday till 3:30) even with our current plans :D ...ok we could do with a new tent, but that's not a problem and I haven't paid a deposit (due to not being certain of funds) and now Richb and Ria may not attend its all looking like the bubble may have burst on us all :(
We are always up for a camping weekend, thats not a problem and I DO have the funds now so if you organize something else then we are on

Lol!! Nice idea Dick but the number of active Scottish negates fest being moved there.

Somewhere a little further North probably isn't a bad thing. Yes a new site will have its rules and probably won't be up for car stereos etc on after a certain time etc but that's not the end of the world. There's an 11pm curfew at events such as Nationals and doesn't stop a good time being had. It's something that needs some thought and like fest itself, maybe a little late in the day to sort perhaps?