Rear bumper mod

Trial and error i think i've only one layer to cover my models in the past but i was going to try using 1off 6oz then 2off 10oz, let me know what you think after your doors have set.

Today i dropped the exhaust and had a trial fit, i was expecting some gaps which i had planned to place a beed of body filler on all off the contact area then hold in place untill set, i had applied some silicon on the bumper so it should seperate.

Imagine the infill is blue and oval slashed tips are just above lower edge
07032010132.jpg

More shaping needed to get infill to flow with a bumper which is fitted, just by having the plastic rivets removed makes a big difference to the shape :mad2:
Jamie i intend to make a mould from this plug and then hopefully an infill that i don't need to throw in the bin.

07032010135.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................the plot thickens........looking mighty interesting there John, can't wait to see the finished article with your new exhaust fitted.(y)

I reckon 1 x 6oz and 2 x 10oz will do the trick nicely (y)

My doors turned out nice and stiff when they'd fully cured. I popped them off the wing and cut them out roughly before the resin had fully hardened (as I find it a lot easier and avoids getting stabbed by stray fibres) but now they've fully cured in the warmth of indoors they're very stiff.

07032010066.jpg

Your male is looking really tasteful so far. I like it! (y)

Looks very good may be interested in one of these if your going to be making more......

JJ

Looks very good may be interested in one of these if your going to be making more......

JJ

To be honest i hadn't planned to making more than one, but also i didn't budget for making one would be around £80 this does now leave me with a lot of materials but not much time. See what you think when you see it fitted (y)

Last edited: