Rear bumper mod

I was well pleased how tight this fitted sunday morning, just two little tweeks to do one being to cut just a little more to give the tips around 8mm clearance this will be done once the system has settled in, also the colour match is not spot on i will put this down to insufficient colour coats.

28032010250.jpg

28032010241.jpg

28032010248.jpg

Last edited:
Superb job John, the job you've made of that is deffo something to be proud of mate.........well done you!!

Hope you're enjoying the new business end of the infill too mate.(y)

Looks great, will the clearance be enough to negate any movement of the exhaust?

Theres very little movement, the sytem is well supported, but because i only had around 5mm after the fitting i did notice after the short drive home the n/s tip had just moved over a couple of mm which then caused the tip to tickle the infill. Just had another look after alot more miles and theres no more marks so i think 8 to 10mm will be fine plus it will look more like a factory fit which this as always been my aim. Thanks to everyone for your positive input (y)

John, that looks fantastic, I want one! Seriously though, I really do. If you give any consideration at all to making more of these, please PM me.

I wonder without this infill where would the air flow be and will this infill be above or below and cause me to cancel out the extra MPG which the new exhaust system may have given me :eek:

Wow, that looks stunning!!

Very brilliant idea, looks like it came stock.
I've always wondered what the bumper would look like with the cut out filled in.
If I had just a stock rear bumper, I'd sport one.

Again, supurb job. :)

I do like this but to be honest i dont know if i would have it like it is on your car John. Its a personal taste thing obviously but i like the original cutout in the bumper but the fitted infill is very nice also but i would have to smooth it into the bumper.
Still excellent work and a very nice part though.

I do like this but to be honest i dont know if i would have it like it is on your car John. Its a personal taste thing obviously but i like the original cutout in the bumper but the fitted infill is very nice also but i would have to smooth it into the bumper.
Still excellent work and a very nice part though.

I understand what you are saying about the cut out looking good but i only seem to like it when viewing from behind the car, as i walk to either side its then when i don't like it as much, my problem i know. Originally i was going to blend the infill to the bumper but this just made the already large rear look huge and dated, i then in my sketches added a chamfered outline but the bumper still looked huge from a distance once you lost the lines. So this is why i decided to set the infill back because in doing so the nice line are there whatever angle you look from, and the high look of the bumper has been reduced which also looks good to me(y)