Rebirth of my COUGAR (WIP)

Fords design engineers are pretty good Al, if the oem setup is the same as your sexy ones there shouldn`t be a problem.

What does TIS say about fitting cam pulleys, I haven`t got my copy anymore. That should give you a definitive answer

Fords design engineers are pretty good Al, if the oem setup is the same as your sexy ones there shouldn`t be a problem.

What does TIS say about fitting cam pulleys, I haven`t got my copy anymore. That should give you a definitive answer

I'll check Tis, but the mondeo manual torque figure is 58nm iirc on the cam pulley bolts.

68nm

camshafttorque.jpg

Does it make any mention of bearing retainer at all Al?

It looks like 68nm is more than enough to transmit the drive although a high lift cam will take more torque to turn

No mention of one and i do know there is nothing on the oem cam pulleys. Ive run a few 2.0 fords now and never had any issues with cam pulleys, so i don't see why these should be a problem even with the higher lift cams. Apparantly, the bolts are "specially designed by ford" to lock the pulley to the shaft at the correct torque. Well that's reassuring at least :LOL:

Does it make any mention of bearing retainer at all Al?

It looks like 68nm is more than enough to transmit the drive although a high lift cam will take more torque to turn

I've been giving this some thought, and i've decided to insert a roll pin through each pulley and into the end face of the cams. Peace of mind (y)

Sounds like a plan mate, camshaft might be quite hard though

You'll never drill it Al, the case hardened steel will beat most drill bits

I'll give it a try as iirc the shafts are case hardened as we know, but iirc the casing is less at the ends. Failing the drilling, i'll go with the tight bolts with BIG spanner and loctite. Tbh, if the oem pulleys hold ok with the higher lift cams, i don't see any reason why i should have any probs with these verniers. Just thoughts buzzing around in my head atm.

I'll give it a try as iirc the shafts are case hardened as we know, but iirc the casing is less at the ends. Failing the drilling, i'll go with the tight bolts with BIG spanner and loctite. Tbh, if the oem pulleys hold ok with the higher lift cams, i don't see any reason why i should have any probs with these verniers. Just thoughts buzzing around in my head atm.

You know what happens when we start thinking Al :eek:

It is quite possible that the ends of the camshaft will be softer, it`s worth a test before you install the verniers