She's growling now !!!

Nick1963

Well-known user
Oct 30, 2007
Fareham, Hampshire
Just had a dual exit fitted and i'm chuffed to nuts !!
It's a Powerflow system with oval tailpipes and it sounds FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dualexhaust004.jpg

Had it fitted in Southampton and drove all the way back to Fareham with a dirty great :D on my face. I think they did a great job (y). I'm really pleased.
Sorry about the arrow and stuff on the pic. I'ts the one i sent Alan for the infill and the only one i have at the mo

Thanks for all your kind words.
The bloke who fitted it really knew his stuff. I went in with the intention of haveng big flatter ovals but he convinced me it would look really ott. I'm glad he did now. Would of hated to be told it looked like a Carlos Fandango car. Didn't want it to sound like a sooped up Saxo either and he made sure of that. I dropped it off at 9am this morning and picked it up around 4.45pm. Lost the towing hitch but i knew that would have to go.

What's the noise like? I had a Mongoose twin exit cat-back on my first Cat. If you gave it a decent chunk of throttle it had a lovely bass note that kicked in with the IMRC, but if you were sat on the motorway on part throttle you'd never know it wasn't standard. I've always intended to get the same system again but I really like the oval tailpipes you've got.

What's the noise like? I had a Mongoose twin exit cat-back on my first Cat. If you gave it a decent chunk of throttle it had a lovely bass note that kicked in with the IMRC, but if you were sat on the motorway on part throttle you'd never know it wasn't standard. I've always intended to get the same system again but I really like the oval tailpipes you've got.

Did about 10 miles on the M27 some of it in traffic doing about 50 and YOU KNEW it wasn't standard. It was a low throaty bass note that wasn't too invasive to your ears. But when you power it, GOD IT SOUNDED GOOD.
Go for it mate. Take a peek at the Powerflow web site (y). If you do, use Southampton Tyre & Wheel like i did as you're not too far away. Powerflow's head office in Exeter say he's the best in the area (y)

Hmm, I kind of liked the 'meaty when you boot it but subtle when you don't' of the Mongoose, I just like your oval tailpipes is all. What to do, what to do.... :smile5:

Did about 10 miles on the M27 some of it in traffic doing about 50

You'd struggle to get above 50 on the M27 most of the time! Couldn't believe it when I travelled down from the in-laws in Burnley on Friday, had a nigh-on clear run all the way down, then sat in a traffic jam for half an hour on the M27 only 10 miles from my flinkin' house!

You'd struggle to get above 50 on the M27 most of the time! Couldn't believe it when I travelled down from the in-laws in Burnley on Friday, had a nigh-on clear run all the way down, then sat in a traffic jam for half an hour on the M27 only 10 miles from my flinkin' house!

Yeah i know what you mean. left home to get the exhaust done at 8am this morning. Didn't get to Totton till 8.55am. Usuel flippin que at Hedgeend :mad2:

I went for Squared ovals on my MIJ Performance system, goes better with the C2 and looks like the new JAG (think THEY copied me ;))

Can we see? :ihih:

Last edited:
Looking good Tiggernick - can guarantee that it will look even better with one of uncle Alan's infills in :ihih:.

I've just put mudflaps on mine and only just noticed the big gap on the inside of the n/s flap - can see it on your pic as well - anyone know what its there for - it's not on the other side :idea:.

You'll have to get some video footage up so we can all hear the Cat grrrrrrrrrrrrowl (y)
:D

Looking good Tiggernick - can guarantee that it will look even better with one of uncle Alan's infills in :ihih:.

I've just put mudflaps on mine and only just noticed the big gap on the inside of the n/s flap - can see it on your pic as well - anyone know what its there for - it's not on the other side :idea:.

You'll have to get some video footage up so we can all hear the Cat grrrrrrrrrrrrowl (y)
:D

Got one of Al's infills on order as we speak mate :ihih:(y).
Yeah i noticed the gap between the mud flap and the bumper too :confused:. Gonna take em off to paint the cougar head and COUGAR soon so i'll play around with it to see if i can close it up a bit. Cant see any reason why it's there just by looking at it tho.
Aint got a video camera but i'll see what i can do (y)

I think the open gap in the mudflap is just there for the exhaust muffler, maybe for the American market :confused:
There is a "nack" to fitting these flaps guys, line them up flush with the curve in the wheel arch/bumper. Loosley fit with the clamps, then lean into the mudflap to press it against the cars bodywork as you tighten the screws/bolts. (y)