SVT-ST200 Upgrade (56k beware)

FlamencoAssassin said:
skindemon said:
I'll probably come over on Sunday and have a gander!
It'll be good to see you there. :D

Now this rolling road thing..... Does anybody know a decent place in a central location? If you do please post info in the regional meets section. :wink:

Paul - When's that ST220 lump being fitted?

Well im paying it off still. I paid for it on the old credit card and now im offshore wedges are being taken out of the amount i owe now so it shouldnt be too long now. Still got a few more bits to sort but ill have the cash soon to get those then ill try get cracking with it all again.
The only thing is the actual engine inspection. As stated before i need to get the block apart to inspect it and possibly clean it due to poor storage. I was going to do this myself but i dont have a clue how to take the engine apart so im not sure about how im going to get it done.
At times i wish i hadnt bought it but im sure that will change when its actually in and running :roll:

Stewart said:
Apart from your very valuable time, how much was the total cost of these engine mods?
Group buy?
:roll:
All together the bits were well over ?ú500 but I've been accumulating the parts for over a year.
The break down...
UIM ?ú200 from the US
TB ?ú130
Bellows ?ú7.50 (about ?ú76 new from Ford :eek: )
Airbox ?ú20 (about ?ú120 new from Ford :eek: )
Airbox bracket and rubber coupling to inner wing ?ú20
UIM blast & powercoating ?ú70
'Cougar-S' badge I forget now
K&N panel filter ?ú35
Gaskets, TB cable + bracket, vacuum pipe connectors, air temp sensor, bolts, sundries etc. about ?ú80 all new from Ford.
Tony's labour - some cash and a bottle of Vodka. :D

As for a group buy, that will be difficult as most of the parts were purchased on ebay and don't come up very frequently. I don't think the SVT UIM is available new any more but if it were it would be about ?ú600-?ú700.

I also spent the best part of a day cleaning the UIM and polishing the paintwork plus a few hours cleaning the TB.

Did you need a new LIM also?

Was it all worth it Manos?

I take it you've fitted all these goodies to the C2. :roll:

Stewart said:
Did you need a new LIM also?
No, read the previous posts in this thread.

Stewart said:
Was it all worth it Manos?
I think so. As I said, I've been collecting these parts for over a year so hasn't made a huge dent in my wallet. It all started when I bought the airbox. I then realised I needed a new bracket and coupling to the inner wing (larger inlet) and the ST200 temp sensor is different and mounted in the bellows. I then found some bellows very cheap and thought sod it I'll get the TB and UIM too. The UIM needed some attention so a fresh paintjob and Tony's pipe repairs were the only things I hadn't planned on.

Stewart said:
I take it you've fitted all these goodies to the C2. :roll:
Yes.

Some more pics....
IMGP5362800x600.jpg

IMGP5373800x600.jpg

IMGP5367800x600.jpg

IMGP5371800x600.jpg

IMGP5369800x600.jpg

In Answer to your question Manos :arrow:

Any one know of a rolling road in a Central Location?

The only one i know of near me (central - midlands) is ALdon automotive in Breily hill - wolverhampton but i'm sure there are a few more (supposed to be a good one in bristol)

Cracking job Manos, it was only a piece of junk lying in your boot last time I saw it :wink: looking forward to the `official` unveiling on sunday.

Gloucestershire is a bit far for me Rich but it is a beautiful part of the country.

Cheers Phil, yes fortunately the the junk has been turned into a useful and attractive peice of kit.

Wow, looking fantastic Manos!!! The finish on your UIM is really really nice! and glad you agree on the subtle and deeply satisfying induction noise!!! :D :D :D

(Every time i see some quality work being done it gets me motivated to try and do some more jobs on mine!! so thanks for the extra inspiration :LOL: :LOL:)